Thursday, October 28, 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week


What are you working on right now?

Well now that True Blue Friends is finished - my only active stitch project is really Bunny Gingham, however I have a new RR I need to start so that will be a Shepherd Bush piece. Plus I'm working on the sampler quilt for my class.

There are only 2 other women here at work, not sure if i've mentioned that before, but one of them is a few years older than me, married and having a baby in february. Well they're decorating in Pooh, and she cross stitches as well but doesn't have much time and definately isn't AS addicted as me :) So I think I may stitch up something for the little one for her - since I did a baby sampler for a friend's cousin i think i can do one for someone who's baby i may actually SEE. So that's a new project, but Pooh is easy - and I will do it on Aida because I think the simple aida look matches the simple pattern - it's not meant to look realistic or rustic which is what i use linen/evenweave for.

So i have a new goal, cross stitch that is, and i'm looking forward to it, Pooh can be fun to stitch and I already have a book with a lot of patterns, plus she cross stitches so she'll really appreciate the work that goes into it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
I have cross stitched Pooh for my yongest. I agree it's fun to do. It's so friendly. I made the months of the year and it has become a important place in his bedroom. Until last summer, when a new closet for his wardrobe was placed in his bedroom. His bedroom is small, so something had to go and he prefered an alfabet from a Dutch designer: Dick Bruna. I stitched that for an older daughter, who is 11 years now. I don't mind. I'll keep it for him. Maybe he'll change his mind one day :).
Have a nice day.