Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Well work is turning out to be busy...

And passing the days rather quickly *knock on wood*. I have a lot of work to do and it's not all writing - I'm doing some database stuff now, hopefully finish it up by the end of this week.

Last night was so much fun! Our quilting class and shrinking! One woman hasn't come to the last 2 classes - not sure why, which is too bad because she and I got along great the last time she was there. Then last night a second woman couldn't make it because she was sick.

We learned how to do block 3 and had a lot of free time after so I asked a ton of questions about how this is going to be finished etc. I'm hoping to kind of get ahead of the required blocks during the quilting retreat so I can start putting my quilt together for the last class instead of just finishing block 6. The sashing with this quilt as you go has got me perplexed. So I went home after and cut all my pieces for block 3, it's a Lemoyne Star pattern. If i can get it pieced by next tuesday that gives me a week to quilt it - which i know i can do like i did the last two blocks.

So tonight at my aunt's i will start the piecing process - it's more than the last few, and it has inset squares and triangles which is new. We'll see how it goes, first i have to put all the half diamonds together to make full diamonds, then pair up the diamonds before doing the inset squares.

I also bought fabric last night - they were having a sale and i picked a few fabrics that may work well for my cross stitched herbs wall hanging/quilt - next step is to get them out and see if the fabrics work, i picked a pattern already i think, i'm going to do 4 blocks like the first class block, but intead of a 9 patch in the center it will be the herb, then there will be some added appliquet like the block in my sampler book to add a bit to the plainness. I may do all 8 like this, but i haven't decided how I want this quilt - i may do 2 quilts with 4 blocks each, maybe do them seasonal,one for fall winter the other for spring summer. Or I'll do one large - 8 is just an odd number for a quilt and the larger the quilt the less chance I can hang it in my kitchen/diningroom.
Hmmm... i like that fall/winter spring/summer idea - and that means i get to buy more fabric :) Man i wish i hadn't just gotten to work, i'd much rather be at home looking at my fabrics with my herbs (these were from an RR)... Plus if this pattern works out well, i may use the same technique to make the dragon dreams virtue series into a large quilt (15 blocks i think) - and i could do more... but now i'm really getting ahead of myself :) I need to find some cartoony dragon fabric for the back of that quilt - i'm actually thinking that large quilt will have a pieced back too - so if i find a few dragon fabrics i can mix and match them - more like patchwork than pieced in a pattern.

Well now i'm off on a tangent and i should get some work done... Tomorrow night is my stitch night so i'll make progress on Bunny Gingham for sure and i'll post pics on friday.

No comments: