Friday, October 22, 2004

Stitch Night
That's right - last night was good old stitch night so I have some updated progress pics. First the quilt block I worked on Wednesday night:
Progress of block number 3 the Lemoyne Star:


Progress of Bunny Gingham:


So last night I get home and yes we have a newly paved driveway but NO we can't drive on it until Sunday! Now this upsets me a tad.. because I had to come home at 9:30 last night and park on some side street and walk home - I was NOT HAPPY! Plus I have to carry a lot of stuff to and from my car in the morning for work and I had a long walk.

Turns out my bf's parents are NOT coming this weekend - this is good and bad, good because they wouldn't be able to park at the apartment and i dont' like that idea since it's hard enough to find our place, and bad because I just want to get the visit over with, unless they come next weekend, the two weekends after that I won't be home at all, so if they come the place won't be clean (since I'll be leaving early friday mornings).

So my gf called me - been a LONG while, but she hasn't had a phone so i couldn't get in touch with her, she just got a new phone. She's just moved, gotten an apartment with her bf and is looking for a job to get her by until medical school next fall. Once she goes to med school she'll be relatively close (about the same distance but a different direction), however if it's anything like law school and my bf, she still won't have time to come visit or vice versa.

I think i may have forgotten to take my allegra last night (allergy meds) - my face is really itchy, and that usually happens when I forget. CRAP. luckily i have benadryl with me i can take... i thought i took it when i took it out of my bag - i'm almost positive i remember taking it, because i DID take a sip of water from my water bottle. Hmmm... must be something else causing this itching.
Well i have a ton of work to get done today - which is great - and I'm hear until 4/4:30 depending on how the afternoon goes and how long a lunch break I take. After work I'm stopping at Joann's!! I have 30 dollars in gift certificates from my Credit Card to use and fabric i need to buy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
I don't know if you're still at work. In your blog you can read life have ups and downs :).
Forget the bad things fast, and enjoy your gift certificates. Credit cards are not much used in our country, let alone gift certificates... But I am not complaining.
Your projects are both lovely. Quilting is something I want to try sometime. You know: sometime. Not very soon. But I like what you are making.
Have a nice weekend.
Anneke (steekjevast.web-log.nl)

Unknown said...

Anneke,
Thanks for your comments :) I love having multiple hobbies (quilting and cross stitch), but it does take up TIME, and currently quilting is taking up most of the time since I am in the class with deadlines. Luckily, it's all stitching by hand in one form or another so I love it almost equally (cross stitch is my first love :)
Nicole