Thursday, October 14, 2004

Some good news...

A friend of mine in Kansas just had surgery but it went well and she went home last night. Hopefully she'll have a quick recovery and feel better than ever soon.

On another note - the headaches are back, last night and this morning for no apparent reason (still eating right, drinking lots of water, no drastic changes in diet or anything lately), BUT this time i've been keeping a journal of what i ate/did during the day that could affect headaches. I will take a peepers at this in a while, it may turn out to be a monthly thing or it's increased sensitivity due to hormones, who knows but i have the evidence whenever i go see a doctor, for now it's back to the tylenol.

Last Night

Was very relaxing, we had dinner - spaghetti with home made sauce, delicious, then relaxed. I worked on my quilt blocks. The first block is now fully quilted and the second one is basted and ready. See the problem is that the teacher likes to use safety pins to baste, so i did that, but the stupid pins left holes in my fabric, and my aunt bastes by sewing it together so last night i used her method for the second block, she says it works better to prevent folds which would be great because i ALWAYS get a fold in the back somewhere and her quilting looks awesome so if i can learn from her a bit, all the better.
So quilting my block i was stuck with what to do in the corners to finish it off, i wanted a motif, finally my cousin suggested a spiral - PERFECT - even more perfect because the backing fabric IS spirals and the front fabrics have some swirl features to them. Hearts and stars just did not go but the spirals i think came out great and now i can incorporate them in all the blocks in some way or another, the Ohio Star will have swirls in the corners as well which is my next to quilt. Maybe tonight i'll take a pic of my finished block.

Oh man - it's back to my long day - work (but i can leave at 3!) then gym, then work on the website after making something for dinner which means i need to hit the grocery store too because we have no food available. Darn and i'm falling asleep already! The A/C is loud today and it's aggravating my headache. So I'm going to go now - find something to do that doesn't involve the computer screen for a few minutes (lay my head down maybe).

No comments: