Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week
Thread organization: plastic bobbins, yes or no? How do you organize your threads?

No to plastic bobbins, I do organize my threads though, since I own every DMC color (except 5 which I ran out of and need to pick up still) plus many duplicates. I hated winding bobbins so I decided to try out the DMC stitchbow system - I don't necessarily recommend it. I have the plastic cases and I pop the bows in them but a lot of times when I close the case the top ones fall out. This is a pain and I've found a few ways of fixing the problem but it's not usually permanent.

Plus you need so many of the cases (I have 9) to hold the floss, I put them all in order and missing colors are left blank in case I get them. Then I have my duplicates all in baggies randomly spread through out the apartment. I have a database program that keeps track of the numbers I own and how many - this way I can check if i own a duplicate or not and look for the duplicate first if i do.

My other threads are randomly left wherever, no organization yet but that's mostly due to space limitations, i would like to have a place to hang specialty threads but also keep them covered from dust, so a peg board with clear doors maybe.. i'll have to start figuring out how to build this :)

No comments: