Thursday, October 21, 2004

Well it was a baseball night for sure...

But I still went to bed at 10 and I can't really say I watched the game, i heard it, along with my aunt's cheering because the Sox did well. Now hopefully they'll just win this world series and we won't have to go through this again (the curse of the sox, blah blah blah..) I really don't care, i have no interest AT ALL and hey i like the yankees, they all have to keep their hair cut short and it looks much more "team" like to have restrictions like that.

My Night - included LOTS of quilting. I pieced together over half of block 3. I counted and I have 12 seams left to go, that means I finished 19 i think. It's nice - and I'm getting excited about my next quilt since I washed my new fabrics last night. Tonight when I get home before stitch night I'm going to get out my herbs and see how the fabrics look, see if i can't pick something out.

I've decided I definately want to do this fall/winter and spring/summer quilt with 4 blocks each. First I will do the fall one - in greens and browns. I will pick the herb patterns that don't have little flowers on them. Then for the other I will use the ones with color (like chives with lots of pink etc). THen I will use those colors to pick fabric colors for those blocks. This will be so much fun!

Checklist for quilt retreat (since I'm on this quilting kick):
- Finish the what will be already started block 4 [and stitch/quilt]
- Start block 6 which i need to pick out and "design" (dimension wise) [hand stitch/quilt]
- Appliquet basket quilt [hand stitch]
- Put border on basket quilt [machine]
Maybe's:
- start quilting basket quilt [hand]
- start quilting scenic quilt (wip) [hand]
- cut and piece blocks for herb fall quilt [hand]
- cut and sew border on embroidery castle [machine]

I think that's it in my world of quilting. I want to start block 6 for the class quilt because i want that done by the dec. 7th class (at the same time block 5 is due) so that i can start the sashing/border process before the last class in case i have questions. I'm sure i can figure out the binding in then end but the sashing worries me because we have to piece in the batting which is new to me.

Just thinking about this gets me really excited for the retreat. What's good about having all that time is that the weekend before is Stitcher's Hideaway and I won't have time that weekend to quilt - so i will technically be behind on block 4 - but will easily catch up with a dedicated weekend! Only 2 weeks till stitcher's hideaway!!! and 3 for the quilting retreat!!!! I Can't WAIT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Nicole,

I envy you! Almost a retreat for quilting and stitching. Very nice. With my 4 children, I seldom take time off for my hobbies. But I luckely can find time to stitch and now write my blog. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'll try more often to add a few words in English.
Bye
Anneke (steekjevast.web-log.nl)