Monday, October 25, 2004

A nice long weekend, less than two weeks until Stitcher's Hideaway :)

We really did have a good weekend, Friday night ( I worked pretty late ), then went to JoAnns before home and we ordered subs for delivery which made dinner easy. At JoAnn's I spent WAY more than i wanted, but everything was half off so I couldn't resist, i bought scissors, rotary blads, batting, pillow forms, fabric, plastic containers, quilting pens etc.. all 50% off. I spent 80 dollars but 30 of that was using up my gift certificates.

The rest of friday night I relaxed and worked on my quilt block. Made super progress on it before 9 when bf wanted to relax and watch a movie before bed. Saturday we had all day - I finished the quilt block and basted it, and then cross stitched after finishing up something quick on the website. So I worked more on Bunny Gingham while watching movies. Then we headed up to my uncle's house around 8.

Saturday night we watched tv with my aunt and uncle with the baby crawling around in the dark having a blast in the flickering tv light. Then Sunday I played with all 3 of the kids while bf and my uncle worked on their brakes for their cars. Around 1 my aunt took the 3 yr old to a birthday party and I watched the baby and the 5 yr old who mostly played outside while the guys worked on the car. It was a long day but I had a great time.

We couldn't leave without getting some Battlefield Vietnam in so we played 2 hours of that before heading home just in time to shower and watch Law and Order Criminal Intent while I started quilting block 3. However the quilting thread kept knotting - and I'm using wax, twice it knotted SO bad I had to cut it and tie it off then start over, it was a real pain.

So this week is going to be a lot of work late nights, then work on the website. But Wed and next weekend I have to quilt that block and get it done. I also want to start my next RR which means picking fabric out and possibly dyeing fabric. My october stitching to do list is lacking - i need to get a move on some things (like beading the almost finished true blue friends) and I only have a week to go!

No comments: