Monday, March 21, 2005

Springtime!
Yesterday even seemed like spring :)

Well it's picture monday so here are my latest pictures:

I finished the Winnie the Pooh Wallhanging last night (put the binding and the sleeve (to hang) on.


I finished the figure in The Spirit Within by Fantacat Designs:

This took 7.5 hours to stitch and most of the colors are not the exact ones called for, i substituted with what i could get.

Then my progress on Peaceful Silhouette - a Dimensions kit. This is 5 hours progress:


Well we sure had a good weekend. Friday was my 5 year anniversary so my boyfriend took me to "The Top of the Hub" which has an amazing view of boston. It's of course expensive but we don't go out very often and rarely to nice places. It was great. The food was "ok" for the price - not as good as Blue Ginger but the view made it worth it.
We wanted to rent the Incredibles after dinner, but hollywood video had run out - so we get a free rental of it next time (hey - saved 5 dollars, that's great!). So instead we bought a few movies and went home.

Saturday I spent the morning and early afternoon going through all my cross stitch stash, organizing my patterns, fabric and kits. Oh my i have a lot! And i found out that I already have 2 of the patterns I just ordered that should be arriving this week. I do have a growing pile of patterns I will never stitch, some of which are nice just not my taste that i will save to give out to friends, others i may sell on ebay (they aren't worth much and i don't know anyone with this taste but for now i have a drawer where i will put said stuff and some day i will get to making a list of it. Nothing great really so i'm in no rush.

After my boyfriend got home saturday from his reveiw session we drove up to my uncle's house for the evening (played with the kiddos) and then played Medal of Honor (computer games) all night. We haven't played that game in months, we've been playing battlefield 1942, so this was a pleasant change and we had a great time.

Sunday i got up early to get some girly time in with the 3 girls and we ended up not leaving until almost 2. It was great though, the youngest is 13 months old and she got really attached to me for a bit. She was tired after lunch (nap time) and she wanted me to hold her so i danced with her cuddled up, then i sat on the couch and she cuddled up and i rocked her (all to music of course). Then she decided she wasn't going to sleep but she wanted to lay on my lap, or next to me, or kinda upside down on my legs, she kept moving but putting her head down and relaxing in whatever position. Then she layed in my arms and just "talked" to me, touching my nose and her nose and showing me her new teeth coming in. What a cutie! She's so quiet (being the 3rd child she knows how to scream to get attention), but generally she's quiet and so cuddly!

I did also get to spend a lot of time with the oldest who is 5 1/2 now. I taught her how to play solitaire, which she actually picked up quite well. And my boyfriend, her and i played catch with a koosh ball for about half an hour - she's getting very good at both catching and throwing and i see little league in her future for sure :)

I didn't get to spend a lot of one on one time with the middle one - she's a doll, loves to play house and dolls and princess. She also loves to just sit in your lap and read. I of course spent time with her but not a 30 minute special time like i did with the other 2, she was more involved in doing her own thing this weekend which of course is fine.. besides i get to see them again next weekend :)

So sunday - very tired - we came home and I got started on my quilting. I finished the Winnie the Pooh wallhanging (above) and pieced the back for my amish quilt. Then i started on ohio star number 7 (just a tad), while watching tv. There was a special on Animal Planet on Dragons, so i watched part of that (and of course taped it), but then switched over to Law and Order CI for my boyfriend.

Unfortunately i didn't get any cleaning done so tonight i need to stop by walmart on the way home, then clean the apartment, then do my grocery shopping and cook. Probably no stitching time at all :) And now - it's monday and i'm hungry!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Your project pics look wonderful! I am looking forward to our Legends of the Dragons SAL :-)

Cathy said...

One-Year-Old babies are the best! What a sweet moment that must have been.