Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A night of stitching through the storm...

I got in about 6 hours of stitching yesterday! That really is a lot for me, i generally average probably an hour a day. The storm started around 2, the snow anyway, it rained all day long. So i headed home around 3 when it really started coming down and sticking. It was a long drive but no problems. Since i was home early my boyfriend wasn't home yet so i put in a movie, got a glass of water and started stitching. After the movie i had some dinner and continued stitching with no tv on so my boyfriend could get more work done.

Then the tv came on for Gilmore Girls, then off again, then on again for Law and Order SVU, all the while i stitched. Then bed.

So what did i stitch... well i started the round robin that arrived a while ago, it's a kit by Sunset with 2 teddy bears and some other cute country things. I'm stitching 3 stacked hat boxes right now, then i'll also stitch some letters and a quilted heart. I got almost all the actual stitching on the bottom 2 boxes done, that leaves the small top box and backstitching. I'd say not a problem to finish it this month and start a new piece of my own after that.

I also came up with a brilliant plan for this weekend -> finish painting the kitchen :) When we moved into this apartment it was all pink - different shades, from light to dark. We repainted to shades of green that I love! All that's left is half the kitchen/diningroom in a very light shade of green, the half that includes moving and painting around a LOT of things (5 windows, a huge mirror, shelf, fridge, radiator, door etc). So it's mostly cutting in. I figure I will take this task on myself this weekend, maybe starting friday night (or saturday morning) with the primer. I will of course need my boyfriend's help moving the fridge and stuff but i have a latter and everything else i need.

The nice thing about getting the painting done is that all the painting stuff i have can then be packed up or thrown out (if it's disposable). I will buy some canning jars to put the leftover paint in (since there are 3 colors), for touch up painting when we fill the holes in before we move (from my quilt hanger and shelf and stuff and just marks left). I can throw out the roller heads that we used and the sand paper and paint sticks. So a trip to maybe acmoore or something to get canning jars and maybe a bin of some sort to keep the painting stuff packed in will also be needed this weekend (sunday probably).

Other than that no work on the website, so i'm free to just do crafts. I have scrapbooking to do, quilting to do and of course cross stitch. Once I finish this RR i will pack up my boyfriend's piece i'm stitching and bring it to work to be my lunch time piece. Then I will start a new piece for myself to be my carry along, work at home piece. So this weekend i will probably go through all my stitching stuff to figure out what I want to start, i have a small piece i may do because it's quick but i'd really like to start one of my dragon pieces. However any large piece i may need to get fabric for, i can't guarentee i have the perfect piece of fabric so i might as well stitch a small one and plan out the larger piece and get fabric for it in the meantime. Oh i can't wait. Of course i need to start my amish quilt too but i still have to buy the fabric for the back, wash it, sew it together and then baste it! Maybe the weekend after i will do that.

Wow this is a long entry, guess i'm bored at work. I think i'll go see what everyone else is doing today, we're officially in a transition week so i get something new to work on probably next week.. until then i have to occupy myself!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad to hear you got home safely too yesterday! We just plowed over a foot of snow out of our driveway, and we are too cold to even think straight now.... DH has good gloves, he is lucky - the cold got right through mine. No baby news for us yet?
Thanks for the kind words on Beneath the Stars - I think it may be time for you to start Fire & Ice :-)