Thursday, March 10, 2005

He he he he... bagel day.. sometimes life seems to revolve around food. ;)

Well last night was very nice, I went to my uncle's had some low carb pasta with some turkey sausage sauce (they are on south beach diet). Then while watching Troy I knitted, and I taught my 12 year old cousin to knit as well. just passing the torch so to speak. I already taught her to cross stitch and she just recently did two small projects, one for school and one for a friend so i figured i'd teach her something that goes a little quicker, so she's making a purse and i promised next week to bring her better needles and yarn since she's using old stuff she had around from a yard sale.

I finished my hat last night, it's not finished like a hat yet but the knitting is finished. I need my needles (big plastic needles) to sew the seam and the cuff up. It's cool though, it really looks like a hat. I think today I will measure out how much yarn i'll need to sew it up and cut that then start a matching scarf at the doctor's office since last time I was there I had a very long wait.

Tonight i think i'll drive over to my fabric store to buy the fabric i need to finish up my amish quilt, then maybe i'll get out my stitching again and finish up those boxes. Hopefully by the next weekend i'll have the RR finished and my boyfriend's project at work and be focusing on quilting a bit. It's tough having so many hobbies but sometimes it's good because if you're bored with one you always have another :)

Speaking of other hobbies, it's been quite a while since I read. I used to read a lot, then i read a little before bed each night, now i never pick up my book. I think it's because the book i'm reading still "The Peppered Moth" just isn't that capturing. It's not bad, but you dont' make progress. I hate leaving things unfinished though. What i may do is pick up a really good book and start reading again, then go back to the Peppered Moth when i have more free time and more interest in just finishing it. I do listen to a lot of books on tape, i'm almost finished with Shogun but in the middle of tape 6 of part 3, the tape broke so i either need to find out where in the book that is and read until i get to tape 7 or see if the library has a copy of the book on tape and get that. I haven't done either yet and it's been about a month but it would be nice to finish this one so i can guilt free listen to a few others i have waiting.

And another hobby - scrapbooking - i'm not a major scrap booker, i do it more for function, i dont' just make intricate pages, i try to creatively show case things I have (letters/postcards/pictures) without too much work, keeping it simple. Recently i bought a ton of stuff (tons of pages), stickers, paper pieces that i can dress things up a bit more with and maybe this weekend i'll do a few more pages of my "International Friends" scrapbook. I don't have a lot of pictures of anything but my friends send letters and postcards and cards so i'm putting anythign i can from them in it. I'd like to do a family album someday too but i need to actually take pictures first. That means a photo printer is in my future to go with my digital camera, my printer isn't quite up to snuff with photos, it's a printer scanner copier in 1 but the photos don't come out right color wise. So i have 2 semi large purchases in my near future, a photo printer and a dvd player since our dvd player is acting up and i think it's on it's last legs, it can't get through a whole movie without freezing and going bonkers... oh boy :)

No comments: