Thursday, March 17, 2005

Hmm... made some progress on The Spirit Within last night, and I was good about it. I stitched for 2 hours and after each hour I not only rested my wrists but i warmed them (trying to make sure i don't develop tendonitis as i seem to have a tendancy to). So her upper body is done, the moon is done and i've made progress on her lower body. Tonight at stitch night maybe i can finish her body leaving only the sun, her belt and backstitching which is all in Kreiniks that i don't have yet but hope to pick up.

So last night my uncle had a business dinner so we went and got dinner from a pizzaria, then i stuffed myself to the max - oh man! I was hurting i was stuffed so bad. Then i settled in to stitch and after a while of that i picked up my knitting a tiny bit here and there, and helped my cousin cast on the new yarn i got her and helped my uncle with his computer when he got home.

It was a nice night. Tonight will also be a great night. I have stitch night so after work i head home, i eat something quick and i go stitch with friends at my LNS where i also end up buying new stuff. I've actually been finding it hard to find new charts to buy. I got a gift certificate to 123stitch for 23 dollars from a friend (an exchange), and then i couldn't fill it with charts, i found 2 that i liked and then i bought a bunch of threads i liked but it was pretty disappointing i couldn't even find more charts, although i do have a LOT of charts already . Hopefully this weekend i can sit down with my stash and organize to make a pile of pieces i want to start real soon. The Spirit Within will be finished quite soon so i will need another piece, of course i've been stitching a lot lately, which means i'm neglecting my quilting big time, the knitting i do here and there for a few minutes at a time but quilting is like stitching in that it takes more supplies and time to set up and do. Maybe this weekend i can get an ohio star pieced though, since i'd like to get them done by the end of May at least and i have quite a few more to go (6).

Alright - i'm just waiting for bagels to arrive since it's thursday, work was really slow yesterday, hopefully today won't be so bad!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - Wow, if you could get the 010HL I would sure appreciate that! Do you have a PayPal account? I could PayPal you the money, or drop cash into an envelope for you - I still have your address. Thanks!!! Also, after I stitch Dragon of the Summer Sky, that chart is yours!! I hope your wrist feels better soon... I live in fear of such an injury or medical problem - would rather have leg problems, though I am not trying to wish any upon myself! Now you have me hungry with all your talk of bagels, so since I am a controlled carb person I will call down to the cafe in my office building and order up an omelet instead - yummy! Oh, and a coffee, need it :-)

Carol said...

Ooops - forgot you asked - I do have an online album :-) I have it in my very crowded side bar on my blog, but here it is as well: http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/villagecollector/my_photos

Yep, I did a big Dragon Dreams project - I stitched Storm Bringer last year - she is in my 2004 album :-)