Thursday, March 24, 2005

The snow is back.... isn't it spring??

Well I woke up this morning to 4 or 5 inches of snow. It's still coming too. I was staying at my uncle's so it's more snow than i would have seen if instead i went home last night as near boston you don't get the same amount of snow. The drive was no big deal though as it's pretty warm out.

Yesterday was one of those really strange days... i was here from 7:30-6:30 with a 20 minute lunch break where i gobbled down a sub i didn't really even like much. It started with a regular morning, then a meeting then a trip to visit a customer which took a few hours. Then lunch picked up on the way back and eaten back at the office. Then back out to another customer over in Bedford which is a half hour drive. Finally back at 4 and my security briefing which took 2 hours in the closed area. I come out at 6:20 and my phone is ringing (my aunt calling to see when i'm coming over as i had no cell phone in the closed area). Then i quick check my email - 30 emails - turns out i have to go back to the one customer today by myself this time to try out a few other troobleshooting things.

Hopefully today will be nothing like yesterday. I have work to do in the closed area and i have to set up a trip over to the customer site to help them out a bit but i think i can manage to get in my yummy pizza for lunch, some fruit during the day and even the leftover sub i have from dinner last night if it's good warmed up.

Last night i didn't even get much done. I worked on piecing my ohio star, i'm now 2/3 done with it but i wanted to finish it. Unfortunately my aunt had girl scout stuff to do so sitting on the couch while my cousin watched tv i just fell asleep at 9. I woke at 11 and my uncle was back from Blue Ginger (a work dinner) and i went to bed. At least tonight i can get some stitching done as i think my friend is still coming over for a stitch night - unless she's timid about the snow, hopefully not :)

So today i am determined to get an hour of lunch time - with half of that dedicated to stitching more on Peaceful Silhouette. Then i want to leave an hour early (since i was here late yesterday), so i can clean up the apartment a bit as i never know what to expect when i've been gone for a night and i may have some shoveling to do. Then tonight i will stitch from 5-9 :) Hopefully i will get to the gym after that as i haven't gone yet this week!

On a an even brighter note, the fabric i ordered for Legends of the Dragon - the Dragon Myst, is all paid for and i am just awaiting a shipping notice which i was told would be sent as soon as i paid the shipping which i did... so maybe i'll have that fabric some time next week??? Maybe too i can make a trip to my LNS next week, i think she's open later one evening and i could go right after work. The fabric is 32 ct. I do have one dilema with starting another large project while doing Peaceful Silhouette at work. I have only one pair of 11x11 q-snaps, and one pair of 8x8 which are really small. I will try the 8x8 but i may have to bring the 11x11 back and forth to work and use those. I ordered more fabric than i need because i like the color so much, i will probably cut it down to what i need though so i don't have a ton of extra fabric hanging about making it harder for me to hold.
Oh i'm so excited to start this piece!! Now it's time for breakfast.. it's still quiet in the office, the snow keeps people home longer in the morning!

No comments: