Friday, March 18, 2005

5 Years

That's right, today marks the end of year 5 that my boyfriend and I have been together. Sometimes it doesn't seem that long, sometimes it seems longer. I guess that's always the way it is. So tonight we're going out to a fancy dinner and I get to get dressed up J

Last night was fun. I went to my stitch night, of course bought a few things, then just stitched and chatted with friends. It was a great time, I worked more on The Spirit Within. I was hoping to buy the kreinik threads it calls for but they are too new and she didn't have them so I just picked some that were close and used them. I think it will look fine. I'm almost done with her lower body and the sun so that leaves only her belt and backstitch when those are completed. Definitely will finish her this weekend, now I just need a saying since I'm not fancying on the one designed for her.

So after my stitch night I came home, I was feeling off so I just went to bed (missed the gym again) but I got a nice 9 hours of sleep last night and I can't complain about that since I love sleeping. I got the new stitcher's world but I haven't checked it out yet, from first glance I didn't see anything in particular I liked. I think I may stop subscribing to this and just cross stitch, I'd rather save my money for patterns that I like individually, but it is nice to get a little treat in the mail (hence I joined a second fabric of the month club - one at dyeing4u.com this time - the other one is silkweaver's). So I'll get fabric instead of magazines.

It's looking like today is going to be boring again. Yesterday at lunch time I didn't get to stitch because I went for a walk with a girl here, it was really nice. I forgot my sneakers today though so I can't go again, but I want to stitch anyway, especially since tonight I won't get to stitch since I'm going out. Well I should get back to reading about Elliptic Curve Cryptography (I'm just doing this for fun since there's no actual work to do) :>)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Congrats on the anniversary! Our 12th wedding anniversary is in May :-) I decided to try out Dyeing4U's FOTM..... it is pricey because they require you to get two fat quarters each month, but since I chose the belfast option I see that I am actually getting the second one for almost free! $24 for one, $29 for the two in the club! So, I will try it for a few months :-) Thanks for mentioning it, or else I would not have thought to go try it. I had good luck with getting a piece of fabric from them recently :-)