Monday, March 14, 2005

And I remembered pictures. Stitching first:

I finished the RR this weekend - it's a Sunset kit, i stitched the Hat boxes, the heart and the letters, it took 12 hours:


And a picture of my knitted hat:


Pictures are more fun than words :)

Okay first the news about the cousin - sorry I didn't actually get the details until Friday or else I would have posted sooner. My new cousin Viktoria Alethia was born Tuesday the 8th, and is healthy and strong. She was early but still large (possibly 7lbs) for being so early. I may get to see her this weekend or the first weekend in April, it's undecided so far.

And this weekend -> Good and bad. Friday night I went home with every intention to paint. I cleaned up and moved everything from the kitchen and diningroom and got the paint stuff out. I taped the ceiling (i cut in without tape on the windows and baseboards. And then I pretty much went to bed (actually I started reading a new book but fell asleep).
Saturday of course - I woke up with a horrible cold! I couldn't believe it, but this could not get me down, I got up and showered (to clear up my sinus'), then i did my errands to the library and the bank. Then finally by 1 I started painting and got a first coat on everything in 3 hours. Then we decided to go out to dinner as I needed to go to ACMoore anyway.

Not a great idea it turns out since it was snowing. Not much by me, we got a few inches but out in Natick it was pretty bad. We enjoyed dinner anyway and with all wheel drive we didn't have much of a problem. ACMoore was great, i bought some knitting stuff and my boyfriend got some stuff to, i should get a picture of what he made (he bought a ceramic pot and painted it to look like a copper pot, and then put in fake plants (eucaliptus (?sp) and dried vines it looks like), it came out really good). Now it just needs something to sit on, like a little end table or something so i'm going back to ACMoore to check out their unfinished wood section i think soon.

So saturday night i was exhausted from being sick and went to bed early, then sunday i managed to get up and finish painting - i can't believe it really, but i finished the second coat. Then I did the regular grocery shopping and I took a nap (feeling exhausted). Finally in the evening i picked up my stitching while watching Gladiator (part of it anyway) before Law and Order came on. So I finished the RR above and tonight I hope to get out my WIP and bring it to work tomorrow. I think I'm skipping a break today as I have work in the lab to do. So I'm back to the lab now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol said...

Hi Nikki,
Your little round robin square is cute :-) Hope you will feel better soon!