Tuesday, March 22, 2005

And the week continues...

Last night after work I stopped by walmart, i needed just a few things, i ended up stopping by the purse section and getting a new wallet and purse, then the shoe section for some sandals, then some socks... then finally getting the few things i needed. Ho hum! Then I picked up pizza on the way home for dinner :)

I did manage to clean, i vacuumed anyway, no dusting but i also cleaned out my closet completely and reorganized and now so much more stuff fits in there! This closet is huge, it's the size of a laundry room, but it has a slanting ceiling and the clothing rods aren't placed in the best spots. Plus i have to fit all my crafts in there, plus the fake christmas tree and all my just stuff. It fit though!

So then we decided to skip the gym and just make a quick trip to the grocery store and then read (spend some time together). So i picked up "Shogun" and found the spot where the tape i have broke (i've been listening to the book on tape and i am in part 3 towards the end). So i'm just going to read the book for a bit and then find where i am on the tapes.

In other news, i have decided on a new semi-large project to start soon. Yesterday i ordered the fabric that i'm going to use for Legends of the Dragons! Once the fabric gets here (not sure when that will be) i will get the stuff together to start it. I'm going to be stitching along with Carol, she's also using the fabric -
Dragon Myst by The Blended Needle, and then Waterlilies Storm Clouds for the border stitches. I can't wait to do this piece.

In the meantime I have to get some quilting done as I've kind of been putting that off. I would like to get at least one of the ohio stars pieced before the end of march (since i planned on doing 2), and i'd like to get quilting on the amish quilt which is ready to be basted at least. I've kind of stopped knitting for a bit - i will bring it with me when i am in the car or have an appt. or something because it's easier to pick up and put down but at work for lunch time i'm sticking to "Peaceful Silhouette" stitching and at home I will quilt.

Basically I hit a problem by doing this ohio star quilt with my mom. I had already planned on my Amish quilt for my boyfriend's sister, and i have my sampler quilt waiting to be finished, by starting another new one that takes so much hand work i have to juggle more. I'm not going to stress though, if i can get the ohio stars all pieced by the end of May i'll be happy, other than that i will quilt the amish quilt and the sampler quilt will just wait until the amish quilt is done.

As for stitching there's no stress at all. I am in a round robin but i finished the piece i have and i'm not sure when our next mailing date is anyway. Until then i have my lunch time piece with no deadline and will be starting Legends for myself. And even better i'm not already thinking of "what i will stitch after Legends", i'm just going to enjoy Legends, if i need the "start something new" feeling i will do a freebie or something since i have a ton of small dragons and such that i'd like to get done!

Well it looks like i have to do some more reading today... Unfortunately the next step is writing so i'm not looking forward to that either.. i miss coding!

No comments: