Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ah - the joys of infants.

My coworker brought her baby in yesterday. Wow, i love babies - especially when they are so quiet for 2 hours like this one was! One woman in the office held her during lunch and she went right to sleep - it was so cute and gave my coworker and nice chance to just talk with adults. Then after lunch I held her for a while so my coworker could talk with our manager about what she'll be doing when she gets back monday. She continued sleeping the whole time. Then the mommy fed her before heading home. She's beautiful - a full head of hair and a very expression filled face (even when sleeping). I'm so happy for them!

Other than that yesterday was relatively uneventful. I picked up a pizza on the way home (my cop out since I didn't go to the grocery store the night before). After pizza I cut out 3 more Ohio Stars so they are ready to piece (that leaves 3 more to cut out still). Then I switched to stitching for an hour on Peaceful Silhouette. I really need a few good hours working on this piece as it's hard to decide what to start stitching next and you must really count a lot. Of course i messed up but only 1 stitch in the wrong place so i left it, i did this elsewhere too but i don't think it will be noticeable. I will bring this piece to stitch night on Thursday and work on it at lunch time today and tomorrow too.

Still waiting for my fabric for legends of the dragons. I am however getting the floss i need (Caron Waterlilies and some krieniks) on Thursday. The shop has a Heart in Hand trunk show going on as well that i will have to check out. I've never been a huge fan but it's always different getting to see the pieces in person. I also can't wait to see my friend's progress on Celtic Seasons - she modified the design in 2 places, first the sun's face was kinda strange so she changed it to make him smile, then the snowflake seemed out of place and it wasn't 6 sided so she redesigned that completely, that's what she's working on now and i'm really looking forward to seeing it.

I did make it to the gym last night for a change. We did chest and back. I was really tired but i started out strong. Of course my chest if feeling it today. I brought running clothes in case i want to go running today or tomorrow - unfortunately i'd rather stitch at lunch time :( I don't know if my priorities are wrong or just fine.

Who knows what i will work on tonight, i might start piecing Ohio Star #8, or knit. I think i'll leave my cross stitch at work though. I brought my half finished skirt to show my aunt too. It's not finished so i won't be taking a picture for my album but i figure she'll still appreciate the work i put into it.

Breakfast time and today i do have food :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki!
wow, it has been hard to get blogger to let me post a comment to your blog all week! Thanks for the kind words in mine about my projects - I really think I found the system that works for me - I just can't get bored with anything this way :-) I am sure Legends of the Dragons will fit in very nicely here! Sounds like I should pull my chart and make sure I have all the fibers I need now! The skein of Storm Clouds waterlilies that I have has a lot of brown in it (you can see it in my Storm Bringer photo in my blog - it is from the same skein) - so I might want to look for a skein that is more blue. I have time to kill tonight, so maybe I will drive down to World in Stitches in Littleton, MA later to see if they have it... I should call and see what their hours are.... :-)