Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday Pictures again.

Not much to update. I did manage to finish Ohio Star #7:


And some updated progress on Peaceful Silhouette (7.5 hours):


The amount of stitching update is really pathetic. It would be more except I stitched a whole section in the wrong blended color mix and had to take it out last night! So then I put it away, but I am to the boat now so I think I will continue down the left side and then do the boat. I know I started too low on the fabric and the bottom is going to cut it close, i seem to do this a lot!

So this weekend was really good. My sister came up friday evening then we went to my uncle's house that night. After the kids went to bed we played some video games of course. Then we watched Mystic River because my uncle hadn't seen it yet.
Saturday we went to my cousin's soccer game and then spent the day with the kids preparing for "easter dinner". The rest of the family came around 4 and we ate around 7. The kids actually went to bed surprisingly well and we played poker until it was time to head home. It was a nice day - tiring but nice.
Sunday was great, we did nothing. We thought we'd go to the mall to buy running shoes, of course it was closed (duh it's easter), but Sports Authority was open so we went there. My boyfriend and I both got sneakers (i bought his for him for his birthday present). Then we got lunch and my sister headed back home.

The rest of sunday was my time. I started working on the skirt i wanted to make finally. It went fairly well. I wasn't sure (because it wasn't stated anywhere), if the pattern pieces already included a seam allowance or not so i added one. I got it all together in the shape of a skirt and unfortunately the way i cut part of the fabric a mark was showing near the zipper (which i added all by myself too!) The mark is bright white (on dark red fabric). So i decided not to finish it, but now i have the idea down. The pattern i picked was really plain anyway and i got the learning experience out of it. What i didn't do was the lining on the top which had fusible whatever on it, so i'll still have to learn that, and i didn't hem the bottom or the slit. I did however learn how to do all the pattern stuff and i think i'll pick out one of my more interesting patterns and buy some more fabric and make another. I actually have some fabric already, dark dark maroon, that i may use a pattern from the same pack that has a slit on the front and then some embroidery. The fabric is thicker so it will hang better i think.

So a trip to Joann's is in order pretty soon. I'm glad i finally tried it though, even if i can't wear the skirt i made, i put it on and it fit so i know the size to follow now and i know to add a seam allowance and to draw the marks on the back side of the fabric, and next time to maybe use fraycheck or something on fabric like that as it frayed all over the place (cheap fabric).

So then i stitched a bit (and frogged a bit more) and watched tv with my boyfriend. Tonight i think i will do the same (stitch and watch tv). My only plans this week are wednesday go to my uncle's and thursday go to my friend's for a stitch night. Then I plan to go to my mom's this coming weekend to go visit my new cousin who will be 4 weeks old tomorrow!

Well time to get some work done, as always monday is filled with meetings :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - Don't you just hate having to frog out a whole bunch of work?!! It has been happening to me lately too, if that is any solace :-( Your project pictures look great!! Not loving all this rain though - just glad the icy forecast for southern NH did not actually happen :-)