Monday, January 10, 2005

A stitch weekend kinda.

A good weekend anyway. We went back to NY friday night, so I spent friday night with my family and then I finished stitching Pooh while I watched a movie. So he's all finished, just awaiting the baby's arrival and the border fabric to be put on.

Saturday I slept in, made breakfast and spent the day mostly cooking with my sister (we made a lasagna and a boston creme pie), then my mom and I started a quilt together, really she's doing it with a friend but I'm also going to do it only by hand and they're doing it by machine. So I taught her how to piece by hand in case she wanted to do a tablerunner or something small by hand in the same pattern. I'm going to piece all 13 blocks by hand (they're easy - 6 inch ohio stars), then put the top together by machine and do the embroidery. It's going to be a beautiful quilt and I'm going to do it in tans, browns, beige, green and muted colors (maybe a little brick and navy) I don't have cream colors for the backgrounds of the stars so i'll have to make a trip to joann's and get some fabric for it once I've figured out the main colors I want to use.

Sunday after frying a turkey for lunch we headed home which meant more stitching time for me. In the car I broke out It's Winter and started filling in more blue on the top banner. Who knows when this piece will get finished ;) After getting home I pulled out the Mystic Retreat piece and got a couple hours work on that, finishing the tree on the top so now I can move down and finish some of the rows we started at stitcher's hideaway.

I brought the retreat piece to work but I think I will stick to the herbal sampler at work for a bit and the retreat piece will be what I work on at home if I'm not working on my quilt. I have a stitch night thursday so i'll bring the retreat piece there. Tonight though I need to work on the website (which I should have done this weekend but couldn't get myself to).

Pictures coming soon I promise :)

No comments: