Wednesday, January 26, 2005

More SNOW!
It's snowing wildly out today! Another 5-7 inches I believe coming today. It took me twice as long to get to work today and I will probably leave a bit early and just charge an hour vacation time or something so I dont' have to drive in the dark and snow! Luckily tonight i'm going to my aunt's so it's close.

Last night was awesome! I went to the guild meeting and joined the guild, they had a speaker: Ruth McDowell who does art quilts... she is amazing and her quilts are amazing. Some day i'd love to make one in her style if i could take a class. The next time she'll be in the area is some time in 2006 i think she said and her classes are generally 4-5 days, i wonder how much they cost!
Anyhow, so she was the speaker and she showed a slide show with pictures of her quilts, it was unforgettable, i wish i had known what i was going to see i may have tried to get my mom out here to go to the meeting as well. I'll have to call her today and let her know all about it.

Stitching: Besides the gold border color my Herbal Sampler is finished now. I won't work on it today as I'd like to leave early but I will probably bring it to my stitch night tomorrow night and i'll bring it to show my aunt tonight too. I anticipate needing a while maybe a week to finish the border so maybe by next friday that will be done and Mystic will be my work piece after that. Tonight I will work on Mystic some more at my aunt's.

Before going to the guild thing I tried going to the gym - it was packed beyond belief so i went home and ate some dinner and cut out another ohio star block to piece. It only takes about 15 minutes to cut the block pieces after they're traced already which is nice. I still need thread though so tomorrow I will be making a stop at fabric corner to expand my hand sewing thread collection for sure!

February at guild is - Anne Gallo and Sue Rabin, i'll have to look up who they are and what they may be discussing, see if mom wants to come out at all, it's not easy on a tuesday night but if i had known what ruth mcdowell was doing i would have convinced her! Well - almost 10 and work is calling :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole, I love the quilting idea very much too. But I'm not so far to make one... One day, you know...
Isn't it funny we can watch a whole lot of the shows you have in the States? But it's a relatively small amount of what you can see. We make Dutch productions as well of course, but much is bought from abroad.
And most of the time, we are a season behind. Or two.
I hope you don't have to much trouble with the snow. We have a little bit, but it's really a LITTLE bit of snow.
Enjoy your day
Anneke http://steekjevast.web-log.nl