Friday, January 28, 2005

Oh I can't wait to put up new progress pics next week! Yesterday was a good day for stitching. After my lunch break today I will have hit 38 hours for the month stitching - which will be tied for the most stitching in a month with Oct. 2003 (i'm a real control freak and I have all my stitching time charted out in excel. I do plan to start keeping track of my quilting time as well. It does help with estimating how long a new project will take.

So I worked an hour on Herbal Sampler at work and at stitch night i worked on the Mystic piece, mostly i talked though so not a lot got done but I bought the colors that I was almost out of so I'm all set and should be able to finish it now. Even better, we have ANOTHER stitch night next thursday! And I brought in my herbal sampler to see how much it would cost to get framed (just framed with no glass or mat), it looks to cost about 50 dollars, there about. I am mulling it over, it's not outrageous for sure, because it's a decent size piece (5x16 or there abouts). Plus it would come out great for sure.

I also made it to the gym after my stitch night which is impressive as I hadn't had dinner or anything since lunch time. I walked mostly but ran about a mile on the treadmill then went home and had cereal before folding laundry (hate that), doing dishes and just crashing in bed.

Before my stitch night I stopped by my fabric store and bought a bunch of cotton thread for hand piecing my ohio star quilt. I really need one of those racks that hold thread or a case or something now that i have such a collection. I should have enough colors for this quilt now so no more excuses, i must focus on this quilt when home.

I'm really glad it's friday but i have a feeling the day will drag. Then tonight I have to go grocery shopping and to the gym. Maybe after that we'll relax with a movie and I can sew. Tomorrow I have to work on the website and maybe go to the mall to buy a skirt for my work dinner at 7:30. Sunday no plans so hopefully more website work, and quilting/movie watching. If my boyfriend has too much work (which is likely) i can always start watching sex and the city season 5 that I bought, i also have season 4 to brush up on the end of the season since i watched 1-4 a few years ago.

I am anticipating a relaxing weekend where I feel like I dont' have enough time to just enjoy myself and my quilting or stitching, i'm going to feel like i'm on the go constantly which is wierd since I won't really be. The key is to not sleep in till 11/12 but get up around 8 or 9 and at least read a bit in my warm cozy bed. Alright - work time - i need some hot chocolate!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Can't wait to see those progress pics!! My Mystic Sampler kit came today - yayyyy! I will make this my new project to work on at work, as soon as I finish Dragon Dreams Beneath the Stars. I will post progress pics too!!

Yay, great forecast for a few days - let's enjoy it!

Carol