Monday, January 24, 2005

Blizzard of 2005...

Well this weekend surely didn't go as planned. Friday night my boyfriend and I went and got some movies from Hollywood video, he really wanted to see Forgotten so we rented that and then bought 3 others under their 3 for 30 dollars deal. Forgotten was good but not great - and I am definately not used to short movies (1 1/2 hours versus 2 hours) but Stepford Wives was funny.

Saturday we decided to cancel plans of travel due to impending storm conditions, so we went grocery shopping and then I made some lunch and we settled in to play Civ 3 Conquests for the rest of the day - break for dinner - then more Civ until bedtime - what a waste of a day but it was nice :)

Sunday finally I got a bit motivated, my boyfriend went out and shoveled the 2+ft of snow we had because the landlord's snowblower wasn't working and I cleaned the apartment finally. I didn't manage to work on the website because there's research work to do not programming and I wasn't motivated to sit and read websites. So I got out my quilting and watched Spiderman while working on my ohio star quilt. Then I cooked dinner and watched Spiderman 2 while continueing work on the stars. So now I have 2 finished stars and a third started and 2 more ready to cut (they're traced).
Blocks finished so far:


And some progress pics from the week of cross stitch (I also updated the sidebar:

Mystic Sampler - now at 33 hours!


And Herbal Sampler now at 26 hours and almost complete (picture quality is bad because it's a camera pic not a scan now that it's so large:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice progress Nicole. Well done. Ann.

Carol said...

Good to see you survived the snow too Nicole - we only got about 1 foot here in southern NH, but it was enough to be annoying :-) Your Mystic Sampler is gorgeous - I was able to purchase one of the extra kits from Stitcher's Hideawa and I just can't wait to get started!

Your quilting is lovely!

Are you a football fan?? Go Patriots!!!!!!!

Carol