Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year!!

I just had a great 4 days off! As always, going backwards... Yesterday I got out the sewing machine my grandmother gave me (it's a singer) and i fixed it, then I made these pillows for my couch.


I then scanned in new updates of my cross stitch progress:
My last finish of 2004 - Shepherd's Bush April -- 5 hours total


And my progress on the Pooh -- 20.5 hours:


Mostly yesterday I quilted, I am almost done quilting the inner lattice on my sampler quilt, I have only about 3 hours of quilting left before I start on the border part. Now that I have a hoop for my quilting it seems easier to maneuver as well.

Okay, now starting with friday, I cleaned - tons - then my sister and her boyfriend showed up and she and I went to JoAnn's to get some sale item stuff. After that I started cooking, I made a few snacks for the night and we ordered pizza and drank. After half of a movie we played cards until midnight. I even managed to stay up another hour later watching L&O SVU.

Saturday was christmas at my uncle's house, I made breakfast then we all went to my uncle's. We had a good time, good food, relaxing, presents. I got a rice cooker which I love and an embroidery stitches book I really wanted. We didn't get home until pretty late and stayed up until 1 again, finishing the movie from the night before.

Sunday we had breakfast and relaxed, then after my sister left I cross stitched and watched more profiler. We went to Bugaboo for dinner and then some more stitching. It was really a great 4 days off and now I have 4 days of work until next weekend when i'll be going back home to visit my mom for her birthday. Which reminds me I need to get her a birthday present still.

Hopefully 2005 will be a good year, prosperous, happy, fulfilling and just relaxing. I'm off to a bang with creative tasks, now that the machine is working I can put the amish quilt together myself (i just need to get a pattern because making one myself is not working). Also any other sewing that doesn't need a walking foot I can do myself.
Well - work must get done...