Wednesday, January 19, 2005

No Guild. My poor boyfriend was sick last night, he thinks it was something he ate not the flu and i'm hoping that too so I won't get sick. Anyway I got home and gave him some medicine and we just settled in to watch some Profiler episodes. He insisted I go to my guild thing but it's only the auction anyway, best not to spend money, i can just go next month when I can actually join. Plus I won't see him again till Friday so even if he was sick it was nice to hang out with him.

And - stitching! I did a lot of that. I worked on Mystic Sampler a lot, probably 3 hours I'd say (maybe 4) I finished the row with whales and birds stitched over 1 and fish satin stitched. Then I started filling in more of the water that is stitched with a running stitch. I forgot to grab the thread I bought Thursday of the colors I will run out of, so unfortunately I will have to hold off on those colors tonight and stitch elsewhere. That means I still can't finish the bee hives (missing color) and i'm sure the water can't get finished either. (another color almost used up).

So what is left on this mystic sampler:
-Finish the bee hives with missing color (that row is almost done). row 11
-Do the row with the mountains which takes concentration.... so I can't be watching tv. Maybe I'll work on that part tonight. row 9
-Finish the water then add the boats and birds for row 14
- row 15 - modified shell stitch - add in name here too
- row 16 mostly cross stitch - pumpkins and basket
- row 17 again mostly cross stitch - flowers
- row 18 long arm cross stitch maybe (real easy)
- row 19 house scene mostly cross stitch
That's it. I'm definately more than half way done and row 13 which is done was probably the hardest row so pretty much i have an easy streen left. No more stitching over 1 for the most part and all is well :)

Herbal Sampler - got a bit of work yesterday at lunch. I finished Basil, definately some parts I messed up but i think i hid them well and no one will notice. all I have left on that is to finish the "ERBS" and then the two bottles by the word HERBS and then the border which I can't start until I get the color needed from home. Maybe today I'll start the bottles since I dislike those the most. Probaby by friday i can finish the bottles - no stitching thursday so that leaves today and friday.. i think i can i think i can :) Finish this piece this month is way beyond my expectations and goals for the month.. then I can work on Mystic at work next month and start the Precious Moments for Cole's Quilts as my focus piece at home.

Can you tell I'm in a stitching mood? I have some work to do now... I wish my stomach wasn't feeling upset from not eating, i was paranoid i'd be sick so i didn't eat dinner last night. Now I have hunger pains but i am still paranoid so eating makes me feel sick. I really am demented!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
great that you managed to stitch. Not so great your boyfriend is ill: I hope he gets better soon. Your samplers are really progressing. Good luck with them.
Anneke, steekjevast.web-log.nl