Friday, January 21, 2005

I write a lot - every week day actually. I'm surprised anyone at all reads this, boring accounts of my life, exactly what I'm doing, what I stitched etc. What I've noticed through writing daily is how much of a list person I am. A few times a month I write a list of things I will be doing, or a list of things I must get done, or things I will stitch etc. But - not a surprise to me, I'm an engineer.

Anyhow - last night I had every intention of going to the gym, we went, we walked around and not a single machine was open! I guess going at 6pm is ruled out from now on! What a waste. So I made dinner and we watched tv together for a bit. Then I cut out some ohio star pieces from my fabrics while The OC was on. After that I cut my boyfriend's hair and he went to the gym - at 10:15pm! No way for me! That's bed time. So I started piecing another ohio star but only did 3 seams and called it quits for the night.

So no stitching yesterday (due to doctor appt at lunch). Today however I will stitch some more on Herbal Sampler - working on the word "Herbs" on top. Hopefully I will remember to bring it home so I can get a scan of it. I also need to scan an update of my Mystic Sampler since I've made such good progress. This month has been a stitching month for sure - mostly because quilting is back to a back seat again now that my class is over. That has been taking all my time the last few months. Somewhere there is a happy medium.

Snow is coming --- not good for our drive back to NY that's for sure, I will have to keep an eye on this storm. Maybe it's not such a good idea, I have decided we won't go in the morning because my mom will be gone anyway, so we'll probably leave around lunch, go to said party for friend back from Iraq, then maybe stop and see mom before heading home. Maybe going anywhere with snow is a bad idea and I can convince my boyfriend to just stay home.

Oh and my MIL (otherwise known as check engine light in any other car) came on yesterday.. strange it came on at exactly 3000 from when I bought the car... oil change indicator? Better not be - I plan on changing my own oil and I'm not bringing it in for them to turn the light off every time! So I'm awaiting a phone call from them before lunch or else I'll call again and pester more!

Doctor appt. went well yesterday, generally I'm healthy, she checked out everything I had mentioned in my packet and my wrist problems, where my wrists get sore from a long day of typing and then stitching, she said is not something like arthritis (which would be scary at my age), but more like tendonitis, strain on the wrists and I should be fine if I just stretch my wrists every hour... so I need to ease up on those 4 hours stitch sessions :) Yea right... but at least I recoup after a day or two if I do over strain :)

What's in store for this weekend (another list that I know I've already done but it's friday so...)
Website - I must work on the website, integrating the UPS tracking and such to orders.
Quilting - I want to piece some more Ohio Star blocks, and maybe cut some more now that I know I can do that sitting on my bed watching tv :)
Stitching? Not really much - maybe a bit here or there one evening but I am ready for a weekend break, I have a stitch night next thursday, maybe I will start my precious moments before then, maybe not.
Sewing - Maybe I'll get out a pattern and read through it, make sure I have everything I need and such for it, choose the simplest one and all. take measurements, find out if i need more tools or anything. I do have one more pillow to make for the couches now that I have the pillow form I like (it's short and long instead of square like the other two).
Read - Yes - some more of the Peppered Moth by Drapple... it's a "boring" one, not boring per se but it is not attention grabbing so it's tough to get through. I do need to finish it, i'm halfway done. I can't not finish a book unless it's REALLY REALLY bad -- only happened once to me, the book was called Schooling -- just to warn anyone who may pick it up. I couldn't read it, surely it was written in an artistic, poetic way but I couldn't stand more than a few pages of random thoughts on paper, half sentences, it's hard enough listening to my own thoughts ramble, i don't need someone else's wandering mind to fill my time!

Well back to work - almost time to bug the Audi dealer again. Today will be a productive day for sure :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nicole - I simply cannot find your email address anywhere to reply to your comment in my blog.... I live in Auburn and my offices are in Lawrence and Haverhill - it is the heavy traffic every single AM and PM that makes the commute 45-60 mins on average - longer lately - where do you live??

Carol