Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Yesterday was a long day!

No lunch break like I had hoped at all - finally after 9 hours working in 84 degree temp (our a/c is broken in the office right now), i headed home.

I was home by 6 after stopping to pick up a pizza (a whole pizza for myself will last 3 meals so i'm good for lunch today and tomorrow). I watched the second Bridgette Jone's Diary - that was a great movie, I wouldn't mind owning those two movies some day, for now i just rented it (1 dollar at my library for a week). While I watched that I started embroidering the second block for my guild's raffle quilt.

Then at 8 since my show wasn't on yet (on at 9), i went to the gym - yea for me ;) I ran over a mile which was good and walked a bit. Then I headed back home to watch my show. After the premier of Summerland during which I FINISHED embroidering the block (it's the same japanese fan I embroidered last month), anyway, after that I pieced the 4 blocks for the raffle quilt by machine and then went to bed.

I feel like I accomplished so much last night and going to the gym was great. Today however I got up way late (40 minutes), but it's no biggie if i only work 7 hours today since I worked 9 yesterday, and if i end up missing lunch again I'll fit in 8 anyway. The only reason I have to leave today by 4:30 at the LATEST is because I'm giving someone a ride to the car dealership after work so he can get his car. It's on my way home so it's no big deal at all.

Then tonight is my quilting get together, I'm going to bring my Amish Quilt to show and tell and my ohio stars - since I have 9 done now. I may pick out the two fabrics that I need to finish that quilt too if I see anything I like, since I get a discount shopping on these get together nights.

I came prepared for a hot office today - i actually wore shorts. This is a rarety, as I'm one of those people that is always always cold! Last summer I wore jeans and long sleeves all summer but with the a/c broken yesterday I was sweating in capri's and a tanktop so today it's shorts. With my luck the a/c will be fixed today and i'll end up freezing but it's warm right now so i'm good so far :)

No comments: