Friday, June 24, 2005

A mat is cut :) My first time cutting a mat, and I did one with 3 openings. It really came out pretty good too if I don't say so myself :)

Contrary to what I expected, we did get out of the linux course early again yesterday, about 3, so I was home by 3:30, and I decided to try my hand at cutting the mat, so first I set everything up and just tested out the cutting process to see how it worked. After I got the depth of the blad right and the concept down I went at the new board. It really didn't take long, I'd say about a half hour and it was done. I can definately do the next one within a half hour, that includes measurements I think since the measurements are easier using the cutter system for the outside ones. Once I get that cut I will take a picture of the animals in the windows of the mat. I haven't decided if I'm going to wash the piece before framing but I don't have a frame yet so i'm not too worried :)

After cutting my mat I went over to my stitch buddy's house for the evening for dinner and stitching. We did both :) I worked a little on Legends, starting the inner stitching on the second wing. Magic is really almost finished which is much more than I was expecting to get done this month. I hope to work on him at lunch today and maybe I'll have some time this weekend. But then there's the backstitching which I can't even think about yet, really I should be just quilting as I may not make my goal this month on the amish quilt!

I guess there's a heat wave coming this weekend. This is not good news because my mom is coming to visit us saturday night and we do not have a/c. I may have to go out and just get one because otherwise it will be a rough weekend.

Pictures coming monday :) Back to work...

No comments: