Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thursday.

My linux class is going well, today is the last day and tomorrow it's back to work, regular stuff. Traffic hasn't been that bad either. It's nice only having to drive every other day too (carpooling) :)

Carol's Legends progress is great, this SAL has been awesome, I don't think I'd have made nearly as much progress as I have if I didn't have someone to virtually stitch with. Especially as I get to the last dragon, the support will be great as TW's are scary for me. Maybe after this small dragon I will try one of the ones I have in my stash, like Celestial dragon :)

I have the itch... that I want to start a new project itch. Not a good thing as I should be really concentrating on my quilt which I did last night. I am almost done with the third green border piece, leaving one pumpkin seed and the 4th side until I can start the crosshatching in the purple triangles.

Anyhow - with Legends as my lunch time piece I was thinking I could fit in another piece... maybe :) Maybe just something small. I have some cute little patterns I really want to do, maybe one of those, like Dance of the Bumblebee (still waiting for my LNS to get me the Ladybug sister piece). Or maybe another small dragon, I have lots of freebies. Of course there are always WIPS, like my Wisdom dragon from the virtue series but I think it's time to start something new.

This will take some thought, maybe this weekend, we'll see how busy I am. I measured out the dimensions I need for my mat board to mat my 3 african animals together. I didn't start cutting the mat yet as that parts a bit scary but I'm ready to start it soon. I have large enough pieces that I could mess one up and still get 2 out of the rest, and I need two since I'm doing two of these as gifts for christmas.

Well breaks over, back to class ;)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oooo, neat! Looks like Nikki will have a new start soon! I was thinking of starting Black Swan's Fire & Ice freebie pretty soon.... have you thought of that one? I am really loving doing this SAL with you too! Once you get going on Wisdom, I doubt you will feel so intimidated any longer :-) Have a good day!