Thursday, June 09, 2005

Bagel Day - if I can eat one.

Well the cold is better still - but the sore throat is a bit worse, probably going to be a tough day for eating, but I have some fruit I can cut up and hopefully I won't irritate it further.

No stitching last night at all. I kinda figured that would happen with my cold. I got a tiny bit of stitching at lunch time done, sitting outside with a few coworkers, but not much.

It was hot yesterday - hot and muggy! We ate dinner around 7:30 and then tried to go for a walk, hoping to beat the storm, but about 1/4 mile down the road the storm hit big time and we were soaked (even with umbrellas which we definately knew to carry). The rest of the night I slept, mostly on the couch then after 11:40 up in bed. It was a long night but I think the sleep has been helping me big time.

Tonight hopefully is a stitch night. I need to get in touch with my friend and see if she wants to come over for dinner and stitching. I have chicken defrosting at home so I figured I'd make chicken parm or something simple, maybe chicken and rice. So hopefully tonight a little stitching will get done of some kind and at lunch today I'll add a bit more to Legends of the Dragons.

Well bagels haven't arrived yet and I'm not sure my throat will handle them anyway so I'm going to make some oatmeal up.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki, Sorry to hear you are still under the weather :-( What a bad time of the year to get sick!! I did quite a lot more on Majesty last night since the Red Sox game did not end until 1 AM (thankfully, we won!!). So I will post another scan in my blog tonight. Right now he resembles a purple zebra :-) Get better soon!!

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Nicole, oh no, a cold again :o( I'm just recovering from one too. It seems silly to have a cold in the Spring (nearly Summer) don't you feel?

I hope you'll manage to stitch tonight! There's nothing like stitching to make you feel yourself again :)

Hope your day won't be too hard... Take care!