Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Decisions!

I went through my stash last night, I have a LOT of stuff!! Anyway, it's down to three projects, I need to pick one and start it possibly Thursday at stitch night. Here are the patterns:
-Blackwork Dragon
-Green Old Gardens - this chart is from Carol who recently finished stitching it.
-Dance of the Bumblebee

Then I went through my fabric to see if I had fabric that would work. I have a beautiful gray marble fabric that I could use for blackwork dragon, I just need to figure out the thread to use, which I can always buy Thursday.
For Green Old Gardens I have Bay Leaf Jobelan, it has a bit of a shimmer, I'm not sure if it will work for this or not, I would have to do a floss toss, I may rather go with an irish linen or something, which I can always get thursday.
For the bumblebee I have lots of choices, I've got it down to one that's similar to what it was stitched on for the model I think, kind of a yellow earth tone, a bit orangish.

I'm leaning towards Blackwork Dragon for now because the nature of the work is a bit different than anything I've done. Green Old Gardens is very close behind it though as it had a lot of fun stitches. The Bumblebee will probably get kitted up soon but I will wait I think until the next time want to start something, it's small so it's not as big a deal.

Opinions are welcome :)

On another note - after I went through my stash and baked some brownies for my guild tonight. I settled in to quilt. And....

I did it, I made my monthly goal on my amish quilt, finishing the green border! This weekend I will start the cross hatch in the purple triangles. I'm so happy. The only bad thing is that I quilted until 11 to get it done so I didn't do any yoga or go to the gym or anything. Tonight however I will go to the gym after my guild meeting.
Well a great night I do think and by Thursday I will have a new project to start. Another reason I'm leaning towards blackwork dragon is that i only need to worry about one color of thread to get together, Green Old Gardens I will have to gather a lot :)

No comments: