Monday, June 27, 2005

Yea - more pictures and a day at the beach!

More stitching this weekend on Legends, a lot more than I had planned. The temperature last night was just too hot to take out my quilt and have that on my lap so I worked on Legends and here's the update. He won't get any more attention however until Thursday at the earliest, I'm very busy this week and tonight I need to work on my quilt a lot if i'm going to make my June Goals.

Here is Magic - with accumulated time of Legends at 60 hours:


And here's a picture of all three Ever So Littles with the double mat that I cut:


Let's see, a crazy weekend - Friday I had to go to the laundromat and do laundry, then we picked up some dinner and headed home to play some Medal of Honor online with my uncle. That was a fun night, which ended with me finishing the book that I was reading at 1:30 am.

Saturday we got up relatively early and went to the gym to run. Then we got ready and went to the beach, we didn't get to the beach last summer at all so I've really wanted to go and it was fun. We went in the water a few times, up to my waste and got a bit of a tan/burn too. We were only there about 2 hours max, we had to be back in time for my mom to arrive for dinner.

The rest of the evening was with family, my mom and brother and his girlfriend came over for dinner and I grilled up some steak while we tried to stay cool under fans. Made it without A/C :) My mom stayed the night so we watched a movie before bed and I read again, starting a new book of course.

Sunday was a lazy day, we spent 5 hours playing Civ on the computer, and after we ached so much from laying around we went to the gym to ride the bikes, then made dinner and I cut the inner mat for the Ever So Little piece. The outsides of the mats don't match exactly, I have to figure out how to get them to match, they were measured exactly but that part is cut with an exacto knife so it's trickier to hold close to the line than the mat cutter.

The rest of the evening we watched tv and I stitched on Legends, I did want to quilt but it was crazy hot and last night was a rough rough night sleeping for sure. Altogether I couldn't have gotten much sleep because I was awake almost every 10 minutes. Hopefully tonight will be better...

2 comments:

Carol said...

Yikes! I best work on Legends twice this week, as I simply cannot keep up with you. Magic looks so pretty! OK, I need you to take on another large project so I don't get dumped by the side of the road here on Legends :-)

Kiwi Jo said...

wow, awesome matting job! I love the colours you chose and it looks VERY neat to me.