Thursday, June 16, 2005

Going to be another busy day. At least yesterday I got 15 minutes to eat my lunch, but no stitching time... probably none today either but it's stitch night so I will be breaking out the Gazelle tonight for sure!

Well gotta go already - things are happening. Oh and no stitching or quilting last night at all, just settled in and watched a movie with my aunt.

Update:

Well now it's 10am and there's no sign of our inspection person. They were supposed to be here at 9, and we're ready so for the last hour I've been back to doing my real work instead of what I've been doing all week (preparing for inspection).

We watched Bridget Jone's Diary (the second one) again last night, my aunt hadn't seen it and I really liked it so I wanted to watch it again. I couldn't get myself to work on my ohio stars though which is a bummer.

I've been thinking lately about sewing walls. I don't have a sewing room, or any extra space whatsoever really but I'm trying to figure out how I could make a sewing wall (just a piece of felt to put my blocks up on to organize them (specifically for the ohio star quilt which is small so we're not talking a lare wall or anything. I just need to buy the felt and find the space. I'm not thinking permanent, something I can tack up and then roll up when it's not needed.

Oh man the delay waiting for our inspection is horrible, i just want it over with. I'm so nervous, mostly because I've only been here a year and I have so much responsibility. Maybe if I do well I'll get a bigger raise (i'm up for my annual review which should include a raise and i'm waiting to hear anything about that). This is all new stuff to me, never having had a job for this long (being in school mostly), so we shall see...

No comments: