Friday, June 17, 2005

It's finally over.

And it didn't go too badly, not bad at all really, now we just wait about a week or so. Luckily I will be out of the office Mon-Thur next week taking a linux course with another co-worker. When I get back hopefully everything will be done and over with for sure :)

Anyhow. Stitch night last night. Man did I need that. I came to work early and stayed until after 5. No break at all. Then a long drive home through traffic, a quick stop home and I was still late to stitch night. But once I got there I had a great time, laughing and stitching and buying new charts :) I stitched more on my Gazelle, I'm very close to finishing that now so I may finish him up this weekend, maybe work on him at lunch today instead of Legends since I'm so close. And these animals always get tons of compliments, stitching in groups is so motivating, I love it :)

So what did I buy...
Well I bought the DMC i was missing (1 color for legends), and a strand of GAST that caught my eye... purple Iris I think it was called.
I got the chart I was waiting for:
Cookie Dragon

And completing my series by Twisted Threads, i now have the last two months I've been waiting for:
Mini-Gingham August Away
Mini-Gingham September Study

I'm not supposed to be buying stuff but it was so little and I really feel like I owe it to the store owner for opening up her shop to us for the evening, and I couldnt' just buy a skein of DMC! All in all I didn't spend that much and I won't buy any other stash this month. Technically I have been working on the website but currently I'm not, until after my linux course anyhow when I can start the upgrade since I finished everything else.

I will be buying more stamp stuff in August for sure, my friend is having another stamp party, but I won't spend as much as last time hopefully, I'd like to keep it around 100 instead of 200, we shall see for sure, maybe 130 or something. Yikes and I must not forget that I still need to pay for stitcher's hideaway.. I think it's time for me to take a peak at my bills and get them taken care of :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - did I miss something? What went better than expected? I read your last several entries, but found no hint :-) Glad it went better than expected, though :-)