Monday, February 07, 2005

A very very productive weekend. Stitching is going strong for sure!

Friday night I went to my one uncle's house, braided my cousin and her friends' hair then went to their performance which ended at 9. From there I drove to my other uncle's house where my boyfriend and brother were just setting up video game night. First I chatted with my aunt though before joining the basement group. We didn't stay up too late, i was in bed a little after 12.

Saturday was my cousin's soccer game, then it was so warm outside that we got the girls dressed nice and warm and went out to play (this after I also double french braided their hair too.. a 5 and 3 year old both sat still long enough, i couldn't believe it and they looked ADORABLE!). So we ran around the driveway, my brother taught them how to throw snowballs and the 11month old ran around with me following to keep her out of the mud.

Then we got them packed into strollers and the 5 year old on her bike and went for a walk around the culdesacs.

After that we left (and while walking my boyfriend and uncle washed cars, including mine :)

Saturday night we relaxed, watched a movie, I stitched a lot.

Sunday I slept in, it was rough getting going but i finally managed, and I had my stitch in at my LNS. We had a great time, we had lots of food to eat, I got a lot of stitching done and we had a Yankee Swap where I won the new Feather Fairy by Mirabilia. Not exactly something I will stitch as the fairies are not my style - very very lovely just too much stitching for something I wouldn't enjoy so much. But I'll hold onto it - I know it will be a great surprise to someone in the future, I have many friends :)

So after hitting the grocery store, cooking dinner and eating it was getting late, so I pulled out my stitching again while I watched tv. So that's a lot of stitching!
And I have an updated picture of Mystic Sampler:


This is at 42.5 hours and the rolling hills are done and the pumpkin row is ALMOST done - just need to fill the apples inside the basket in then it will be complete. That leaves 3 more rows to complete!!!

So - goal wise this month is kinda swapped, i'm doing more stitching and less quilting, and I still have to start the precious moments piece which I do plan on starting soon now. Tuesday is my night at my quilt shop so i will buy the fabric for my amish quilt and wash it wednesday at my aunt's so maybe this weekend i can start that quilt - put it together.
Well work calls - I only have 3 hours left until training this afternoon, must do work :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
It's becoming lovely! Stitching is always rewarding, don't you agree?
And you had a great weekend! Mine was great too, but different :)
Anneke, steekjevast.web-log.nl