Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Lunch time update. More progress on row 17, i'd say by the end of the week that row will be finished. Row 18 I can easily finish in one lunch break and that leaves only the last row which is large (a house). With the amount of time left in February there is a very good chance I could finish this by the end of the month, unless I focus on the Precious Moments piece at work that I haven't started yet, i do want to get that going real soon.

I also took out my initials that I stitched in the shell row, i really didn't like how discernible they were, i will just stitch them with a single strand (instead of double) in another color in the same spot. Maybe I will do that tomorrow.

It does bug me that I can't wash this piece with all the overdyed's, even the fabric is and i'm worried it would just ruin the piece, but washing really makes a piece look great - my herb sampler looked tons better after washing/freezing and ironing, and it never looked dirty or anything, it just gives it a freshness.

I do plan on framing this one with a mat, i will probably go the professional framing route again. I have Bunny Gingham to frame myself and that's enough of a stressor. I may try cutting out a mat for this if i have a color that would look right - big if. I do have the mat cutter - i just don't know how to use it ;)

The day is dragging. That's why i'm writing again - and i am munching on things like crazy - must be PMS or something!

No comments: