Friday, February 25, 2005

Snow day - working from home.

Not that there's much snow but i have driven in the snow too much this winter and what i'm working on right now can easily be done from home. So taking advantage of the fact that computers are great and I can log into my computer at work and do exactly what i'd be doing there with less distractions, i decided to stay home and get some work done.

Don't think I get a day to daudle, I may actually get more work done than if i was at work. Fridays are wierd at work, tend to be chatty days for everyone.

So last night I came home after a stop to ACMoore where I picked up a light box finally (must resist urge to get it out and start tracing amish quilt patterns onto quilt... plenty of time to do that tonight). As i'm driving home my boyfriend called and said his friend is right behind me coming to visit - of course i haven't been home and the apartment is a mess but my boyfriend did a good job picking things up here and there so it wasn't too bad. So his friend and his friend's girlfriend came over and we went into boston for dinner and then to a bar. It started snowing -yes really snowing while we ate dinner and the walk to the bar was long. I think we got home around 12:30 so i'm amazed i still got up at 6:30 this morning to start working. Then I drove my boyfriend to the train station so he didn't have to worry about having his car and getting home if he goes out drinking after classes today.

So it looks like tonight i have to myself, he's meeting up with his friends again after class (around 11am) and hanging out and then going out probably. I figure i'll work till 3 as normal when i start at 7, maybe 3:30 if i stop to cook up some lunch. Then I have hours to myself :) I think I will listen to my book on tape while stitching/quilting. Saturday i have no plans except to work on the website and then sunday i have my stitch and tea party at my friend's so more stitching planned :) I'm behind on website work by 2 hours though so i need to fit an hour in tonight and make up 2 hours tomorrow. Time for some breakfast and back to my documents.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Nikki, Nice to hear you are working from home today :-) About time - here I have been enjoying snow days at home while you have been driving in dutifully! Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself! And, tonight you may be able to get some good quality stitching time in too! Fantastic! Very little snow here, I am going in :-)