Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I'd say we might be buying a condo or something by this summer... boy does that make me feel grown up - no - i still feel too young for all this grown up stuff (mortgage/bills etc). But it's much smarter than renting, money isn't just getting thrown away (well less money is getting thrown away, instead of 1400 rent we'll pay 600 in interest a month and the rest will go towards owning a new home.

Yes it is expensive to live near boston, but there's little choice right now with my boyfriend needing to get to law school and after he graduates in 2 years needed to get to work which will most likely be in boston. No final decisions about buying a place will be made until april/may comes around. Our lease ends may 31 so we have time and we're starting the looking process now.

On the more interesting front, stitching:
I stitched on Mystic Sampler 1/2 hour at lunch - started tackling those rolling hills I had been putting off, they're not so bad, I'll get back to them today :)
I washed my herbal sampler, it's in the freezer now so tonight I will take it out and iron it after it starts to defrost :) Gets the wrinkles out really well. Then how to transport it...
Last night I started a new small piece, I dont' want to mention details in case my friend ever hits this site. This piece takes priority over the Precious Moments piece, so I must finish this first -- ack no progress pics :( I'll keep a finished pic saved though until after she gets her surprise.

Other than stitching while watching Sex and the City (finished season 4 finally), we went to the gym, i ran a bit - but i had forgotten to take my allergy meds before going so running was hard when you're legs itch like crazy! Then I lifted with my boyfriend which was good. I may start this up. Wednesdays when I miss a day I will make it up on the weekend, 5 days a week will be good for me... let's see how this goes :)

I really crammed a lot in one night, probably stitched about an hour, it was slow going because i was watching my show too much but it's started so now I can pick it up whenever, it's officially on the q-snaps :)
Well - 8:30 - time to get some work done, maybe today will be a "fast" day - probably not but maybe :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
are you stitching something for Valentine now? I can't wait to see what you're stitching now. I'm just terribly curious.
Anneke