Thursday, February 03, 2005

4 Ohio Star blocks done! I'm almost a 1/3 of the way done with the hand piecing :) It's kinda wierd, i'm doing all the stars by hand piecing but then i'll be piecing the quilt by machine (sashing and triangles), maybe. Maybe i'll change my mind and do it by hand - putting on the triangles at least. If i didn't have to deal with all the seams i'd say definately, it doesn't take long to just sew down a line, but dealing with seams is a pain, trying not to sew through more than 2 piecs of fabric at a time. We shall see, this is still months away unfortunately.

So last night I pieced the block while watching the Pianist at my uncle's. It's a good movie, very hard to watch it and know that this really happened, that humans can truly be this way, it's so very very sad. It's really depressing.

On a lighter note - tonight is stitch night, so after my 8 hours of work with an hour break for stitching and lunch, I get to go home, take out the garbage, do dishes, eat something quick, stop by the bank (atm) and then go stitch for 2 1/2 hours. I'm not sure what i'll bring to work on - more mystic sampler? Or my surprise piece? Probably my surprise piece, that way i can leave mystic at work and just work on it at lunch today and tomorrow. Today on mystic i will outline the first building i stitched and maybe finish filling in the mountains and backstitching them. That will leave only the church left to stitch and outline which i can start tomorrow.

Oh I have so much work to do today - i have to get to it, i have more writing to do so I can start coding again, and i have some new coding to do so it will be hard to put that off and get the writing done. Maybe i can just check out the files i will be changing... i am so weak!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki,
Looking forward to seeing Mystic Sampler all stitched up :-) I don't think I will be driving out to any Super Bowl Sales in person, to answer your comment in my blog - our closest shop is Yankee Cross Stitch in N. Hampton, NH and I was there too recently to think anything too new is there right now... but who knows, I might INS shop my heart out... seems I spend a lot online! For me, Super Bowl Sunday is all about football anyhow :-) I hope you enjoy your xs shopping!!

Carol