Monday, February 21, 2005

Back from the framer...



Also - a finished pic (it's a pic from the camera so not that detailed, if I have time I will scan it in later. It's still not ironed and the flag will be added today at lunch now that I have my beading needles but here is Mystic Samper (50 hours):


And my precious moments progress so far - 6 hours:


So this weekend was pretty busy. Friday night we went up to my uncle's after I went to ToysRUs (bought gifts), wrapped said gifts, cleaned up apartment, and then packed. We played some Battlefield - i fell asleep around 12:30 though. Saturday was a day with the little ones. We slept in and missed the soccer game (8am game) but got up just as they were getting back and had a great day. My parents showed up early afternoon, then my sister and her boyfriend a little after that. We had a turkey dinner and then did presents. Let me just say - a 1 year old and presents... everyone should have only wrapped one each. It took forever, she did great for the first 2 but got distracted by the toys so it was a long evening.
Her sisters each bought something for her that they wanted to play with as well.. oh kids...

We headed home after the gifts and cake, i dropped my brother back off at MIT and the guys got some movies which we watched. Then sunday after my sister and her boyfriend left we continued with movies. After running out of new movies we went and got more (and fit in a grocery store trip and a trip for chinese food.) So I got a bit of stitching in. I didn't stitch during "Man of Fire", i think that was the name - it was really good. But I did stitch during Harry Potter (my boyfriend has read the books, not i).

And today I woke up at 5 with my poor boyfriend throwing up. Luckily it was just the one time, maybe something in the chinese food. Anyhow, i got up late (6:40) and there was snow and more coming, but i headed into work and now i'm in a windowless office so who cares :)

I did however forget to bring all the food i packed up for my lunch... not sure what to do about lunch today, i always have cereal and easymac, and a frozen pizza but not exactly going with my healthy ways with that... Well - time for some breakfast at least and then time to get some work done.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki,
Oh, both of your finishes look wonderful!!!!! Great job! Seems the snow will continue on until noon, then start to slow down.... ugh. Enough already :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
You have stitched a lot lately. It has become beautiful. Stitching is very nice to do, and then you have great results. That's why it's so satisfying, I guess.
Great job, enjoy your results.
bye

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing me to Jeannette Douglas. I went to her site and found several I'd love to stitch!

Great work on your stitching, BTW! :)

Lizzie
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chain3turn/my_photos
http://www.livejournal.com/users/samplerlady/
http://xsfreebies.blogspirit.com/