Friday, February 18, 2005

Mystic Sampler -> FINISHED - 50 hours exactly. I will post a picture on Monday.

That's actually why I waited until after lunch to post, so I could finish it up. I made so much progress last night at stitch night that today I just had backstitching the house to do, adding my initials and adding the charms. There is actually one more charm to add - but i need a beading needle, the other charms I used my regular needle for. So i have to add the flag at the bottom tonight or tomorrow night.

I debated waiting on the charms till after being ironed but I figured I might as well add them because after adding them i'll have rolled the fabric again and will need to iron again. So i will iron this weekend and take a picture. Who knows when I can afford to get it framed, not now for sure - but I will put it someplace safe for now - maybe keep it hanging in my office or something.

Last night at stitch night I got my Herb Sampler back framed - it came out great, I also bought a few things that my LNS owner got from Nashville, in all I spent around 100 (but that included the framing which I think was about 60). I got a limited edition TW and DD (dragon and unicorn - since I collect dragons/fantasy). And I got some more Twisted Threads that I've been collecting (these mini gingham months - i'm up to July now I think). And another pattern that came with charms too - Dragon Dreams - a dragon in a bathtub. "Just a little Peace and Quiet Please" - it's called, perfect for my bathroom some time, maybe with a different saying maybe not - but I love dragons and every room must have one :)

So i had a blast - I couldn't believe how much stitching I got done too. Then I went to the gym - same old. Then home to take out the garbage, fold laundry, put away dishes and clean out the pantry closet that my landlord is going to put shelves into saturday while we're gone. Unfortunately while cleaning it out I dropped a heavy pot and top on my foot - ouch. No running tonight for sure if i go to the gym - i'll just lift. I can't even wear my sneakers, i've been wearing my sandals but mostly going without in my office.

Tonight we're headed to my uncle's for a night of gaming - but first i need to go by Toys R Us and get my little cousin a gift. Maybe a trip to ACMoore too (right by there) since I've been meaning to go. Then maybe go to the gym to lift or just pack and leave. What comes will come.

I'm guessing not much will get done this weekend since I have only sunday and my sister will be here sunday morning. After they leave i'll work on the website probably and maybe go to the gym. That leaves only a bit of time to do anything fun - which will turn into work on the PM and watch movies or something.

Well back to work - and when I come back I will come with pictures :)

No comments: