Friday, February 04, 2005

Stitch night was great :) Plus I got a ton of stitching done! And Twisted Thread's new mini gingham months had 2 new ones in the store so i got those too, i think i have 8 now (Oct - May), plus i got a charm for a piece my sister is stitching.

I worked on my surprise piece, got a lot done too - maybe i can finish it this weekend, I also dropped my herb sampler off to be framed, i decided yes to glass so i'm not sure how much it will cost (probably another 10 dollars she said).

Also at lunch yesterday I finished the mountains on Mystic, also outlined the school house and started stitching the church over one. Today maybe i can finish the church if i take an hour break again (yesterday was a whole hour pretty much). Then next week I can get back down to the pumpkins and apples row.

Celebrations has class information up now, I checked them out, found a few i really want to take - i just want to keep my total under 500 this year, last year i stayed at 350 but didn't stay at the hotel, this year i will stay at the hotel either one night or two. That's actually funny because i live closer this year :) I think i'll only stay one night at the hotel to save some bucks.
I'm trying to get my sister to come with me and take a class, we shall see, currently she started a full time job last monday and is still taking 3 classes in college (she graduates in may with a BA). I dont' know if i could do it but once she's done she's done and she has a job already.

Well i had a bit of a rough night - unfortunately tonight i won't be home till 11 and again more personal details i won't go into, let's just say that timing is bad having my cousin's concert thing tonight to go to, i wish i could go home. Well I need to focus on work, try to get my mind off of other more troubling things and i'm really looking forward to sunday's stitch in - yea more stitching :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Nikki - I looked at the class pieces yesterday too, but none struck me this year, which is disappointing! I know I will go and take at least one class... but which one? I wish they would post a pic of Betsy Stinner's Mary Queen of Scots.... I took her Rebecca's Sampler last October through Celebrations... I took Stella with Catherine Strickler last year.... maybe one of Eileen Bennett's this year?? Which ones are you thinking of taking? I think it would be a blast to meet you!