Monday, February 14, 2005

Another late morning - but I had a good excuse. I am sick... I was sick all weekend with a cold. But that didn't stop me as my pictures will show.

First 46 hours of progress on Mystic Sampler (the top is cut off on the scan but that's finished and on other pictures so I wasn't worried) ::


And I spent 5 hours this weekend piecing the Amish Quilt for my boyfriend's sister. I am very proud of it, the corners of the diamond came out very well and the corners in general almost all match up.

The colors are a bit off in the picture.

Also I finished the little name tag block for my guild, it was a simple star:


And blocks 4 and 5 of the ohio star quilt are finished:


So I had a productive weekend, Friday night I went to the gym - making that 4 days a week! Then I pieced the center diamond of the amish quilt and cut out the red and green for th rest of the quilt. Saturday I drove back to NY and visited with my mom, went to a quilt store quick, changed my oil (in the snow), and worked on my ohio stars - finishing number 5 and starting number 6. I also took some fabric that she used in hers for the rest of my blocks so now I have enough fabric for all 13 blocks, i just need to trace the rest and cute them out and piece them. She started her embroidery - she finished piecing the whole quilt (she did it by machine), I want to do mine by hand.

Then I drove back home - still feeling under the weather (felt a bit of a cold coming on all day saturday). So I crashed pretty early. Sunday I cleaned - even though I was even sicker - but DayQuil helps a lot! Then I worked on the Amish quilt finishing it in the afternoon while my boyfriend was at school. I then went to BJ's to check out the selection and when I got home we went out to dinner (early valentine's). Our meal took SO long - our waitress forgot to put the order in, that she comped the meal - which was very nice of her. Then we went to the video store and bought a bunch of 3/30 dollar movies and went home and watched 2 - of course I taped L&O CI, and also of course I cross stitched - on Mystic Sampler to be exact.

We watched I Robot and 13 going on 30, i really enjoyed both of them. I also ran out of one of my kit threads in the Mystic Sampler (I've run out of quite a few), but this one I didn't pre-plan on running out of so now I have none in backup. Thursday is a stitch night however so I can get more and maybe finish it if i leave just the house to be stitched and backstitched after I get the thread. I think I can finish everything else around the house during my lunch breaks this week.

So it looks like I can finish Mystic this month for sure, then I will start on the PM and focus on that while otherwise just quilting. I need to buy batting and backing for the amish quilt so I can't start quilting that, but i also need to buy a light box to draw the quilting lines on before basting it all together. I plan on washing it when it's done so I'm just going to use my white pencil to draw all the lines and hopefully they'll stay in for the whole time i quilt until washed. My poor neglected sampler quilt... I won't be getting back to that for a while to finish.

No comments: