Sunday, September 19, 2004

A stitch weekend!!!

Let's start from the beginning:
Friday Night:
Since my boyfriend and my sister's boyfriend both went home to NY to first visit friends and then go to NYC for a bachelor party we decided to start our stitch weekend early. She drove out friday night and while waiting for her I did a little work on the piece for my boyfriend. I realized upon picking it up that I had used only 2 strands for the brown of the mountains and I was supposed to use 4 - so I stitched over the existing 2 with 2 more, looked real nice, then started stitching with 4 and it looked sloppy so I think I'm going to stitch twice for each stitch with just 2... but alas after she showed up I put it away and we just chatted.

Saturday: Boy did it rain! We drove first to Cross Stitch Unlimited in Arlington because there was a wedding piece that I wanted her to see in case she liked it she could do it for her boyfriend's brother's wedding in May - It's by Trilogy, it's real cute. She bought it :) and a few other things. Then in the pouring rain we drove down to RI - a little slipping on the road but we made it fine and we spent 2 hours walking around With Heart and Soul in Cumberland. She bought the things she needed to start the wedding piece and a few other small pieces, and I just browsed and ended up spending about 46 dollars -- hmmm, what did I get ... I will fill in later.

So then we continued to the B&B, stopping first for some candy and water of course.
The B&B was very cute - oh and the rain stopped by now ;) and we stayed up in the 3 floor room, it was 2 single beds and a private bath, very quaint. So we stitched and stitched and stitched.

Sunday - slept in, had breakfast and headed home where we then went to ACMoore and JoAnn's just to finish up the weekend :) Lunch then my sister went home and I proceeded to stitch while listening to my book on tape (Todays the monthly DD SAL), so I started another DD Virtue dragon - Wisdom, a progress pic is in my album, it's not much so I won't post it here yet.

So now it's 6:30, my boyfriend just got home and I should start working on the website but first:
What I stitched:
First I finished my quilt block, here's a pic:


Then I worked on True Blue Friends, and it's finished besides the beads and charms:

And if I have time later I'll add in what I bought at With Heart and Soul :) Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Nicole! Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend!! Oh I really LOVE your "True Friends", I look forward to seeing it with the beads and charms... Can't wait to finally know what you've bought either! ;)

Oh and thanks for your comment on my gallery - the funny thing is that at the same time I was browsing through yours!! I like your choice of designs... and you even stitched an Eiffel Tower! ;)

Isabelle in Paris ;)