Friday, September 24, 2004

Ah it's Friday! And the office is quiet...

That's right - back to the office but everyone else is out. In total I think 4 of us will be here today but right now it's only 2 people. I like a quiet office - but since I've been gone all week I'm kinda out of the loop with what's going on and I'll have to wait till Monday to find out.

So last night was better than I thought. I found out after blogging that a dear online friend who I do many RR's with is getting tests done and possibly surgery soon - please send good thoughts and prayers out for her if you can. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and she says she's feeling fine so that's a huge plus.
After that I decided to take some tylenol and do the dishes, then I started reading and slowly my headache went away! So then at 10 I proof read a paper for my boyfriend before we went to bed. And no headache this morning so far! We didn't go running either -but that's because my boyfriend had to work on his paper more and I dont' feel safe going running in our neighborhood by myself. So I ran 3 mornings this week - maybe we'll go out tomorrow morning before heading back to NY for the rest of the weekend.

No gym this week at all - but that's due to training and having to leave semi early today to get to the post office before it closes and mail out some stuff. Next week though - on top of the continued running I will go to the gym every day and things will be back to normal (if you call my life normal).

Books
I'm just about finished with the book by William Kennedy that I'm reading : Very Old Bones. Quite strange but a good read and I look forward to reading more books by him. Next I'm going to read another Josephine Humphreys book "Dreams of Sleep". Should be another quick one.

I also finished a book on tape "The Birth of Venus" -- it was quite detailed and graphic but also very good. Definately held my attention and had a lot of historical information in it as well. The prologue itself just captures your attention and I definately recommend this book to anyone - as long as you can read sometimes graphic scenes and definately a few love scenes.

I normally rent books from booksontape.com - just found out that they are no longer renting them out... so now i need to find a library where I can borrow them. They generally aren't something i want to "own" because they take up a lot of room and i probably won't listen to them twice so renting was great but a library would be cheaper so i gotta look into that.

So that's it - I gotta get some work done and hope this day passes quickly - 7 hours to go!

No comments: