Friday, September 24, 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Shop Dreams

If you could design your dream needlework/cross stitch shop, what would it be like?

-- Well my dream needlework shop is one that I own - so that I can stitch all day and share my stitching hobby with others that love it. I would have the charts organized by theme and if the designer has a lot of charts, I would have a section for that designer. The threads would always be stocked fully, and the beads/charms/buttons which I always have a hard time finding. If I have a chart that needs a buttom/charm I will have that button charm too! (And easy to find).
I would have a large stitching room which would showcase finished pieces so while everyone's stitching they can look around and admire other works and get new ideas. Every finished piece on the wall would have a pattern that was easy to locate. I would have a computer section with a program where you could pick the pattern you have bought - and then change the colors and see what it looks like ahead of time and print out the new color lists. The same for the fabric too.
I would have a seperate room for fabric and framing, bolts of fabric and yards and yards of hand dyed ones, not only bought but also done myself so they're always unique.
Most important is that I would have stitch nights, retreats, classes and lots of social activities (exchanges, RRs) to keep my customers coming and visiting to keep the spirit of needlework alive.
Hmmm... maybe when I retire I will open up a shop --- ah gotta enjoy the dreams :)

No comments: