Friday, September 17, 2004

As promised, my work in progress:

There's block number 1 almost complete. Hopefully I can finish it this weekend.

Last night was a bore, I went home, did nothing really, I did read through the CrossStitcher June 2003 mag that arrived, I can't wait to stitch crafty cat - but it will have to be a 2005 project and I will definately be changing the color of the face, it's too dark for sure.
Then I read through the Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue (2004) a bit, not everything but got the gist and read about my favorite designers. I will have to go through and copy out the recipes I will actually use and I picked out about 5 ornaments that I do really like and will have to do at some point :)

Then I worked on the website for about an hour, and then read - my book is getting a bit odd, I'm reading "Very Old Bones" by William Kennedy. I do plan on reading a few more of his books, he wrote a lot about Albany, NY which is close to where I grew up - the closest "city" to where I grew up anyway. My boyfriend read "O Albany" by him for school two years ago and some of his other books are very popular so I'll have to look into those sometime.

So far in Very Old Bones, I would say it was going along nicely and then part 3 ended with a bit of a strange scene in a strip club with the main character and his wife, very difficult to figure out what type of relationship they have, it seems they really love each other and are attracted to each other but then there's this element that they aren't faithful or truthful with each other, hard to figure out.

newsflash:
Next week I may not be blogging much, if at all - mon-thur, I will be at training in Andover instead of regular work, i may have my computer but no guarentee I can use it and no guarentee I will have time at night to blog since I will be getting home later :( But next friday I will have lots to fill in :)

This weekend should be cool. My boyfriend leaves today to go back to NY for a bachelor party tomorrow night and to see friends tonight. So tonight I have the night to myself, I plan to work on the sight and then cross stitch or quilt and gather supplies for tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm meeting my sister in Rhode Island to go to With Heart and Soul - LNS, we'll shop, eat dinner then go to a nearby B&B for a night of stitching and chatting... note to self: bring ott light. Sunday we can sleep in, eat free breakfast and head out, then I have all sunday to continue stitching/quilting and maybe some work before monday... I should be fully rejuvenated :)

So next friday i may have a bunch of new pictures for you all ! And now I must get some work done -- and read more blogs :)

No comments: