Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I am tired...

feeling wiped out from my workout I think. I've been doing real well going to the gym Mon-Thur though, just got one more day this week.

Let's see - tons to fill in about the weekend. Friday night my mom came by, my boyfriend and I took her to ACMoore and then we all went to dinner, then back to the apartment to play cards and eat shrimp.

Saturday, we went to Arlington, to Cross Stitch Unlimited (can't wait to go again!) it's such a cute little shop with so much to look at, i felt overwhelmed. There were many patterns on the walls and one of them (Just Nan which is new to me) I decided to buy, little did I know it was in 3 parts, at 6.50 a piece but I bought all 3 plus some overdyed threads. I found out they have a stitch night 2 thursdays a month and i'm looking forward to popping in!

Next we went down the road to The Fabric Corner, browsed and bought some fabric, they have a beginners quilting class starting in September that I am now signed up to take, every other tuesday night. It's hand piecing and hand quilting (no machine required at all) so I'm psyched! I have most of the other things needed, like a matte and rotary cutter and scissors.

After that we took my boyfriend out to lunch at a chinese buffet (as a thank you for driving us around and waiting for us while we shopped). Then my mom left for my sisters and I spent the rest of the night stitching happily away. I finished the little house on the round robin i'm working on and it came out great, now for the stars and then it's done.

Sunday we gave up on painting and just relaxed, drove around looking at houses for sale in the area, dreaming since they all go for over 400,000, even the tiny ones.

Monday after work I painted the Kilz on the bedroom walls that needed it (covers the water damage), that way we just have to prime with the green over it and then paint, we could just paint 2 coats but we have more primer than we do paint. And I worked on the website every night Sun-Tues. Tonight I'm looking forward to not looking at a computer after 4:40 -- 40 minutes to go :)

Last night on my way home I stopped by JoAnn's - the one here has a great selection of fabric, it's just a pain to get to since you can only get to it going one direction on rt. 9, but i can always stop on the way home some night if i need to.

Besides stitching for these RR's i'm really looking forward to working on my quilts, WIPs. I didn't realize how close to done my bugs in jars quilt is (i don't like the quilt so i haven't picked it up in a long time), so i may at least finish the quilting and then just put off the binding. My scenic quilt needs to be quilted but more importantly a pattern for quilting it needs to be picked out and i'm at a loss. Then there's my Debbie Mumm teapot quilt, which still has a lot of appliquet, I'm not doing it like in the book, I blew up the patterns and I'm hand appliquetting it instead of by machine. So far I have 2 of the 5 blocks done and a third almost done, a stack of teacups that's just missing the handles. I'd like to get this one done for my diningroom because it's a perfect kitchen theme and it will really stand out, plus since I haven't finished it yet I can more carefully coordinate the fabrics to match my green walls.

So stitching (besides RR's) will be on hold until the website is done, i don't have enough time, i really only have some time on weekends and i think it's going to be quilting and working on the RR's. Then after the site is done (maybe by september) i will pick up my stitching again, maybe finish up my herb sampler for the kitchen since I'm SO close to done on that one and it'd be nice to finish something kinda large, then start the one for my boyfriend. I'm also joining a SAL in January 2005 - but that's pretty far off, that's a sampler, all in one color so i'll need to do some shopping to pick out the perfect fabric/thread combination.

Some BAD news I got this week :( Big Bummer - the Mystic, CT retreat I wanted to go to is full - and I can't go to the Monday/Tuesday one because it'd be real hard to get those days off of work and then get another friday in november off of work. I'm not 100% sure I can't, i'm on a waiting list in case someone cancels and now that I think of it i may be able to sqeeze in the days off - i'll have to talk to my boss, but i'm not sure it would look good.

If however I don't go - I will take around 150-200 of what I would have spent on it and do a shop hop that weekend in this area, there are a few LNS's and it'd be great to just treat myself guilt free. But only time will tell - November is so far off, i couldn't believe it was already full (and i sent my check in on friday), but she'll hold it in case it opens up.

Alright well this was a long long entry - now i'm headed back to the message boards to see what I missed and kill the last 30 minutes of my day!!!

No comments: