Friday, August 06, 2004

Yea it's friday!

I love fridays (after work anyway), but it's still morning time. Last night I went grocery shopping like I wanted, and 6 of the 10 books I had ordered from Barnes and Noble arrived - i got 10 books for 26 dollars, mostly hardcover too! I love shopping the discount section. Then I dusted everywhere real good with the swiffer duster that I love! Then I cooked up some steak and rice for dinner, unfortunately I made enough to bring for lunch today but I forgot it at home! I also have another steak we may cook up tonight or I'll cook it Sunday and have it for lunch monday.

Then I started to not feel well - so I didn't clean the bathroom or vacuum like usual, but since my boyfriend is coming a little later tonight than usual I figure I can get most of the cleaning done when I get home after a trip to Walmart. I want to get the livingroom real clean so we can move the furniture in this weekend no problem, then we have to move the bedroom furniture around once my boyfriend gets here and start the painting process for the weekend. I may have to start that before he gets there depending on when he shows up, my estimate is around 7 though.

My brother has been considering coming to visit this weekend but he's not sure he has a way to get out here, I told him to ask mom to borrow the car, his truck probalby can't make the drive. I hope he does, he could help with moving the furniture too and he hasn't seen the place yet.

So since I wasn't feeling well I decided to at least stitch while I watched Lifetime (I haven't had cable in 4 years so having lifetime back is great!) I got a star complete on the RR I'm working on. I think I'm going to do 2 stars on each side but I may try to fit the moon on one side instead, i just think it may be too large, unless I can scale it down myself - hmmmm...
Around the stars are going to be little floating flowers, I wasn't going to put them in but the stars don't stand out much so now I know i'll have to put them in. I hate doing small confetti stitches with overdyed floss where you can't use the loop method. I would like to work on this again this weekend but I may be too busy. Then I have to get the floss for the teapot RR together so I can get that little guy done (they're both due at the end of august).

This is actually the last piece in our International RR, and after the teapot piece I have one more in my other RR which is newer but much quicker paced because it's all US. I've made great friends with the International RR and I think we're going to just start another one right up as soon as we can :)

No comments: