Monday, August 23, 2004

My boyfriend is actually here for good...

Sure is a wierd feeling - a good, but definately different feeling, kind of a feeling of permanance. Now hopefully we can not kill each other :) Seriously though I think things will be great, we both have our own things going on so we won't be stepping on each other's toes or anything.

Friday night - what a storm! I stitched for 5 hours, watching Lifetime and listening to the lightning. It was interesting. I started and finished the teapot for the round robin that's due on Monday. It came out real cute, the backstitching really added to the piece and I'm so glad to be done in time. Now if only I could do that with the other RR that's already started.

Saturday I relaxed, went grocery shopping, picked out something new to try out for dinner sunday. My boyfriend showed up in the afternoon so we unpacked him a bit, then we went up and met my aunt, uncle and cousins for dinner and went back to their house for a while. They just got back from a week vacation at a beach house so the kids are still a bit wired from that, but also tired from that. The youngest, is 6 months, and she is starting to really move around, almost crawling, so she's fun to watch, and she loves to watch her sisters playing.

Then Sunday I baked a pie, got the steak ready for dinner later and then we went shopping. I bought a bunch of shirts at Kohl's - for great prices, then we went to best buy. I think we might get a 27" flat screen tv for 350 soon. I have to pay my bills and see how i'm doing on spending money. Funny that I think carefully about that but then a cross stitch retreat comes along and I spend over 300 no questions asked - i may have to work on that a bit, but then again I do work hard and the one thing i enjoy is stitching so I should be allowed to treat myself if i can afford it. I'll just get a cheaper car :)

The rest of sunday ... my brother got dropped off and I made dinner - a broiled herb steak, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. All pretty good. Then we had pie which was good and I took my brother back to school. After that I got to stitch for an hour - I finally started my boyfriend's piece so I could try out my stand - Peacefull Sillhouette, I just decided I'd start it a bit but then put it off till I finish the RR. Since the background is half stitches I did get a nice chunk done though. I think the piece will go relatively fast for a large piece and I hope it looks great framed. I will probably pay to have it framed professionally since it will be a "gift" for my boyfriend. At least I'm looking forward to working on it, so that will help it get done faster.

Stitching Goals for 2004:
Finish Band Sampler RR
Start and Finish last piece in other RR (hasn't come yet)
Finish pouch from Celebration that is almost finished
Finish Herb Sampler for kitchen
Finish Noah's Arc baby sampler piece for friend
Any other RR or exchange piece that comes along

That's it, I'm sticking to my goals. This is what i have to finish this year, i will definately stitch on other pieces, especially with all my retreats and stuff, plus I have some quilting to do. I almost quilted this weekend but i seemed to have misplaced the handles to the teacups that i am appliquetting so i have to figure out what happened to those - what i pain in the arse! If i don't find them i'll put that block off and start another.

So that was my weekend, now I'm off to a meeting with my cookies :) I'm allowed to eat junk as long as I go to the gym at lunch time - and I'll run today, maybe 2 miles! I'll do the question of the week later ...

No comments: