Friday, August 13, 2004

Stitch Night was awesome!!!

I will elaborate... I showed up late, mostly due to turning the wrong way on rt 3 and then on turning back hitting really heavy traffic! But I got there before 7 and had till 9. I met everyone, about 12 people there, mostly women but one man and all ages which helped me feel very comfortable. I sat in the corner and chatted with the women nearby while I stitched. Everyone was working on such beautiful pieces!

Then I checked out the sale bins - what a surprise! For 99 cents each I bought 10 patterns, 5 of which are the Shepherd's Bush months that I want to do in my next RR - they usually go for about 4 dollars! Then I found 2 Couchman Creations patterns i really wanted, both tigers that go with True Love II which I have already. Then I got some Autumn patterns. I couldn't believe my luck, it was great!

I have to say I had such a wonderful time, I'm horrible with names and I'm really hoping I remember a few and I can't wait to go back in 2 weeks! I want to finish the RR i'm doing now so I have something new to bring and work on. Of course by then I'll have 2 RR's due to be mailed out soon after so hopefully they are done. I need to stitch this weekend.

I am in a serious stitch fever mode, but I still have 3 hours of work then a 2 1/2 hour drive to my boyfriend's and i'm sure i won't stitch tonight, we'll probably get dinner and watch a movie or something. It really depends on if we go to the race track this weekend, if it rains then we won't go probably. Now i'm hoping for rain so i can stitch (and that's bad because i'm the one that wanted to go :)

Well - work is dragging because it's friday and i want to go home, but i'm in a great mood and i can't wait to see my mom this weekend and show her my new patterns. Plus at least I have a little work today, i worked on the website for our work project and now i'm doing some visio stuff, nothing of great importance but at least it's something to do!

Plus I booked the B&B room for my sister and I in September. It's all set, we are having our very own stitch night, and i will bring my true light ott light because i don't think the lighting will be very good there but who knows. Plus we can hit "With Heart and Soul" on sunday to shop!!!
Alright - back to work -3 hours to go and counting!

No comments: