Wednesday, August 18, 2004

It's a good day...

That's right - today is good, fun and productive.

This morning started with a meeting, got a lot of questions answered and a lot of discussion that needed to be done. Then at lunch I headed to the gym... and my car wouldn't start! My battery was dead. Well this sure turned into something. 5 of us out there, first we checked the battery with a volt meter - 8v, then jump started it, checked it, 16v - so it was definately the battery not the alternator. So then a guy at work took out the battery for me and drove me to walmart to get a new one and put it in. Worked like a charm.

Then i ate and a joke email started going around and now i'm baking cupcakes to bring in tomorrow, cupcakes in ice cream cones anyway - really wanted to try that out.
Then a few minutes ago one of the taller guys in the office taped the air duct shut so the A/C isn't coming in anymore - and it's already warmer! Pretty soon i'll be wearing shorts to work (probably not but i can dream right) ;)

So - more interesting: Last night I went to an LNS in Littleton. It was nice - very large, lots of stuff, tons of needlepoint canvases which are new to me, never seen one, lots of yarn and tons of charts and stuff. I bought one chart by Sweetheart Tree with a bee charm for it, and some beads that i needed. I liked it but i like the cozy arlington store more - it's nice to have options though!

Today my little brother is going to college, my parents just dropped him off, he's going to MIT. I'm so proud :) Plus he'll be real close, he may take the train out sunday to see the apartment since he hasn't been there yet. Tonight after taking care of the dog i'm going to go home and get the mail and maybe meet my parents quick on their way home so they can see the new furniture. Hopefully they'll still be around at 6 when i can get there - only half an hour left till i leave work, then take care of the dog and head home - i'm hoping traffic is light but there's no guarentee either.

So today is good - i'm in a good mood and my boyfriend is moving out here in 2 days!!! I can't wait!! Now i'm off to write some stuff up so i have something finished today ;)

No comments: